By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz 2.0 - the aftermath!

Gilgamesh why would ioi replace ad space with a functionality that doesn't apply to the majority of the site?

Around the Network

I'm still unhappy with it, too bloated and too slow and too dark. Game trailers have a flash on the main page but it is using a lot less resources than the one on vgchartz. Another thing is that scrolling in the forums is really sluggish on my machine, compared to most other forums that I regularly visit.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh why would ioi replace ad space with a functionality that doesn't apply to the majority of the site?

The forum is a pretty big part of the site and the recent post was a luxurious feature to have it everywhere on the site, it just seems very inconvient now compared to old VG Chartz. I makes sense thats it's only in the forum section, but the forum is a big part of VG Chartz for me, so I'm in it a lot and sinse I usually have to be in other places on the site (updating games, approving submissions) I always seem to have to open up the forum menu at time to time to check for replies.

A suggestion for ad space. Couldn't it be done like the old VG Chartz was done, just shrink the 'recent post' list so it does 10 posts, and just put an ad under it.

Thank you for this. I particularly like the idea of a mobile version of the site

My only concern with the text colours is that currently when entering banners, the text of the address of the file is illegible, and that needs to be changed, but otherwise a great job so far

Some times, threads have an orange title, same color as the orange also used on the site. I haven't found a pattern, it seems pretty random.

Around the Network

Thanks ioi.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I know it's a minor nitpick, but can you let the "My interests" part of our profiles stretch the same way our "Walls" do? It was something that made me feel my profile was truly my own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

This Box's Background should be purple if not it's a bug.

Edit: Again, it doesn't work it's just making a purple boarder which is not what I wanted.

Also, Firefox is the only browser letting me edit post's that have tables in it.

Nice Job! I never had any problems with the 2.0... guess I'm in the minority?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Sounds good.