By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - In all honesty The Xbox 360 controller is annoying

ShadowSoldier said:
twesterm said:
ShadowSoldier said:
matt247 said:
The 360 has the best battery life. Are you using batteries or rechargeable ones?
http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/159148/which-controller-has-the-best-battery-life/

That may be true but since the PS3 is rechargeable that point is moot. The whole fact that I have to keep buying 10 dollar batteries is annoying enough as it is

I don't know why you're spending $10 on two AA batteries, but you should probably look into this:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Play-Charge-Kit/dp/B000B6MLS2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1243232585&sr=8-1

And I don't think I've every gotten 60 let alone 20 hours out of any of my controllers so I wouldn't really trust that chart.

Energizer's are like 8.99+13% tax

Then buy the play n Charge kit and end the bitching?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
goddog said:
twesterm said:
leo-j said:
I feel the same way , I cant get used to the 360 controller.. I dont know how the hell people prefer it over every other controller (looks at Twesterm the most)

I love the 360 controller (minus the D-Pad)!

Personally, I think it's the most comfortable standard controller ever made.  The triggers are wonderful, the analog stick placement is great, and it's just the right weight.  Your battery issues aside (I don't have those problems, but I've also had SIXAXIS battery problems other people haven't had) I think it's one of the better controllers ever made.

The only real drawback is the terrible D-Pad but luckily not many games nowadays need a precise D-Pad so it's not a huge issue except for a handful of games.

you know i had read they fixed the dpad thing on euroland controllers i hope we see those state side someday.... its all fine until you run across those few games where you need the dpad and can not get it to work right 50% of the time 

I got a new 360 last month and the controller that came with it has just as bad as a D-Pad as the one I've had for years so they aren't fixed in America yet.

And there is a pretty easy fix for it, though I still haven't gotten around to it.

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Fix-the-d-pad-on-the-Xbox-360-control-pad-mor/

ShadowSoldier said:
twesterm said:
ShadowSoldier said:
matt247 said:
The 360 has the best battery life. Are you using batteries or rechargeable ones?
http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/159148/which-controller-has-the-best-battery-life/

That may be true but since the PS3 is rechargeable that point is moot. The whole fact that I have to keep buying 10 dollar batteries is annoying enough as it is

I don't know why you're spending $10 on two AA batteries, but you should probably look into this:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Play-Charge-Kit/dp/B000B6MLS2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1243232585&sr=8-1

And I don't think I've every gotten 60 let alone 20 hours out of any of my controllers so I wouldn't really trust that chart.

I don't know where you buy your batteries but you need to go someplace else if your, again, paying $10 for two AA batteries.

4 AA batteries for about $6 (or $2 from Amazon)

16 AA batteries for $13.75

20 AA batteries for $20 (about $15 if you buy from Amazon).

So yeah, no idea why you're paying $10 for two AA batteries.

-edit-

I'm assuming you're not buying rechargeable since you're buying batteries every time, but just in case you're curious:

$15 for 4 AA rechargeables (about $12 from Amazon)

$20 for 8 AA rechargeable batteries (about $15 from Amazon)

twesterm said:
ShadowSoldier said:
twesterm said:
ShadowSoldier said:
matt247 said:

I don't know where you buy your batteries but you need to go someplace else if your, again, paying $10 for two AA batteries.

4 AA batteries for about $6 (or $2 from Amazon)

16 AA batteries for $13.75

20 AA batteries for $20 (and not factoring in the Amazon discount that makes it $15).

So yeah, no idea why you're paying $10 for two AA batteries.

he likes wasting money on batteries? maybe he is out to destroy the world through all the extra packaging? ..... supporting his local mom and pop down town store that is taking him to the cleaners? 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

twesterm said:
goddog said:
twesterm said:
leo-j said:
I feel the same way , I cant get used to the 360 controller.. I dont know how the hell people prefer it over every other controller (looks at Twesterm the most)

I love the 360 controller (minus the D-Pad)!

Personally, I think it's the most comfortable standard controller ever made.  The triggers are wonderful, the analog stick placement is great, and it's just the right weight.  Your battery issues aside (I don't have those problems, but I've also had SIXAXIS battery problems other people haven't had) I think it's one of the better controllers ever made.

The only real drawback is the terrible D-Pad but luckily not many games nowadays need a precise D-Pad so it's not a huge issue except for a handful of games.

you know i had read they fixed the dpad thing on euroland controllers i hope we see those state side someday.... its all fine until you run across those few games where you need the dpad and can not get it to work right 50% of the time 

I got a new 360 last month and the controller that came with it has just as bad as a D-Pad as the one I've had for years so they aren't fixed in America yet.

And there is a pretty easy fix for it, though I still haven't gotten around to it.

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Fix-the-d-pad-on-the-Xbox-360-control-pad-mor/

hey thanx for the link thats pretty cool ill have to give that a go next weekend 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
Besides that, its freaking massive. Makes it hard to hold on to and access everything without stretching out any fingers.

I have the opposite problem.  I can hardly even use a PS/PS2/PS3 controller because it feels like a tiny little toy.

deadt0m said:
tedsteriscool said:
Besides that, its freaking massive. Makes it hard to hold on to and access everything without stretching out any fingers.

I have the opposite problem.  I can hardly even use a PS/PS2/PS3 controller because it feels like a tiny little toy.

Maybe thats why I'm having trouble. It must just be about getting used to their respective sizes.

The 360 controller is probably one of the absolute best controllers I've ever used, on par with the GC Wavebird controller. Now the original Xbox controller...UGH.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I have a set up consisting of.................

Duracell rechargable batteries (4 batteries £11.99)

Battery charger (£7)

My controller runs for 3 weeks solid minimum without the need to change batteries.

I have had the rechargable batteries since May 07 and they are still going strong to this very day.

In a nutshell the 360 controller battery life is nothing short of exceptional.

Only thing bad on the 360 controller is it's d-pad (which is why i have an arcade stick for fighting games, and certain arcade titles). Other then that the layout of the controller is much better. So much that I bought the PS3 Shadow Wireless controller as it has the same stick layout. Whoever said the controller is too big must have cat sized hands. I have really small hands , and have no problem. As for the battery. I picked up a Dual battery charger, and 3 of the recharge batteries. Each last a long while, and I always have spares ready. Really do not use regular batteries