By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - In all honesty The Xbox 360 controller is annoying

How many freaking accessories do you have to buy for a Xbox 360 after the console purchase? Sheesh!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
i didnt get the play and charge kit, i got the stand up thing that holds two batteries while it recharges... works a treat and its the dualshock sixaxis that has the worst battery life by a country mile!

Indeed.

I have the official batteries with the charger and it works great. But it is true that you get a low-battery alert quite early: When it starts to flash, I know I have max 2 hours of play before plugging the cable or getting another charged battery.

I abandonned standard batteries quite quickly... the offical packs are great.

To all cheap PS3 fanboys, I'd rather pay 30 euros for a good charge kit than having to buy a third party tool or site 50 cm away of my console to play it... (damn Sony cheap bastard... the original DS3 cable is not even 1.5 meter long and you can't change the batteries without a screwdriver...).

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Spedfrom said:
How many freaking accessories do you have to buy for a Xbox 360 after the console purchase? Sheesh!

You don't have to buy it. Just saves you more money in the long run

Wow dude, I got 4 AA rechargeable batteries and a recharger for like $15 (from walmart). I never have a problem with my batteries going dead because I always have 2 that are charged spares. Soon as my old batteries start running low, I just swap them out to be recharged again.

When I had my PS3, I hated having to plug the cord in to charge my controller because my PS3 was so far away. To each his own I suppose.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Spedfrom said:

I just bought the Charge and Play Kit and the Live Vision Camera.  I know some people need the WiFi attachment, but for me, that isn't the case.  To contrast, for my PS3, I bought the PS1/PS2 memory card adapter and an Ethernet cable.

360 accessories include:  Rechargable Battery Kits, Live Vision Camera, Wireless Headset, Wifi Adapter, Changeable Faceplates, Cooling Systems (DO NOT BUY!).  Instant Messaging Keyboard, varying sized Hard Drives.

PS3 accessories include:  Wireless headset (any Blue Tooth), Eyetoy Camera, Memory Card adapter, Instant Messaging Keyboard, varying sized Hard Drives (not licensed, and not really necessary).

Both consoles have hefty accesory lists, but most gamers get what they need right out of the box.  Some gamers want more.  It's good to have options. 

Around the Network

You won't find many peopel that agree with the 360 being the worst controller. It has the longest battery life and most agree the analog control position and triggers are much better than it's competitor.

get the battery kit its fairly cheap now.

also the controller switches itself off if you leave it idle for 10 mins

PS3 controller has its benefits. I would say theere more or less equal, yes you have to have batteries in the 360 one but it has a longer battery life. >_

My DS3 lasts forever, whereas my play and charge for my 360 controller just kind of died on me recently. If I take it off the charger, it dies, meaning it won't take a charge anymore. I know this is probably a rare case, but it makes me kind of angry because I don't want to switch back to batteries