By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - In all honesty The Xbox 360 controller is annoying

matt247 said:
The 360 has the best battery life. Are you using batteries or rechargeable ones?
http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/159148/which-controller-has-the-best-battery-life/

That may be true but since the PS3 is rechargeable that point is moot. The whole fact that I have to keep buying 10 dollar batteries is annoying enough as it is

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
Besides that, its freaking massive. Makes it hard to hold on to and access everything without stretching out any fingers.

You must have small hands, because the controller is too small for me. Anyways get a play and charge kit or a wired controller, that way you never have to wait for recharging.

tedsteriscool said:
Besides that, its freaking massive. Makes it hard to hold on to and access everything without stretching out any fingers.

Massive??? ...Where??? How small are your hands?

When i saw this thread i thought for sure it was gonna be about the d-pad. I came to pitch in but am seeing some weird problems that ive never had being mentioned by people. But about the d-pad, EPIC FAIL! Ugh, idk how this d-pad passed the testing phase, it's horrible, so clumsy and inconsistent, it keeps the 360 controller from perfection.

dcIKeeL said:
tedsteriscool said:

When i saw this thread i thought for sure it was gonna be about the d-pad. I came to pitch in but am seeing some weird problems that ive never had being mentioned by people. But about the d-pad, EPIC FAIL! Ugh, idk how this d-pad passed the testing phase, it's horrible, so clumsy and inconsistent, it keeps the 360 controller from perfection.

Yes, everything else is perfect just bad d-pad

matt247 said:
The 360 has the best battery life. Are you using batteries or rechargeable ones?
http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/159148/which-controller-has-the-best-battery-life/

Lol, terrible chart :p Especially when you can use batteries, or packs with the 60. I doubt any of them get above 25

Around the Network
dcIKeeL said:
tedsteriscool said:

I'd say my hands are "average." Theyre neither small nor large. But sometimes I'll have to hit the second shoulder button while controling the analogue sticks and find it to be quite challenging.

Well you could either get a charge and play pack, or a wired controller, or you could get rechargeable betteries with a recharger.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                And i know how to fix the stupid d pad...you just rip the controller open, and cut diagonally Like an x.  But don't cut all the way across.  because the d-pad is actually just a solid circle like thing...

ShadowSoldier said:
matt247 said:

That may be true but since the PS3 is rechargeable that point is moot. The whole fact that I have to keep buying 10 dollar batteries is annoying enough as it is

Or you can spend 20 dollars for a recharge pack and never need batteries... >_>

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I like my 360 controller way more than my PS3......here is why.

Controller size and shape fits my hands way better and more comfortably (PS3 controller too small).

Analog sticks are placed perfectly (found the PS3's are too close together).

Much easier time with trigger and bumper on 360, PS3's triggers (if you can call them that) are not designed very well and I slip off them easily.

This one is more for my kids. Button are easier on the 360 for the kiddies. I simply say, press the green, or blue, or red button and my daughter has no issues. She is constantly staring at the PS3 trying to identify the colors on the symbols. I have started saying triangle, circle, ect.....but she is 5 and gave up in 4 minutes. She does really enjoy flower though, and likes the motion sensing. She said something funny today......said the PS3 motion sensing was weak compared to the Wii controller......lol....:) I told her it wasnt designed to be that way, but she wanted to play Banjo on 360 so I changed the subject.

I love the PS3 d-pad and wish the 360 had one similar. Other than that, I prefer the 360 controller over my PS3's......but hey........that's me.

Never had a problem with the battery thing.......the PS3 recharge seems to frequent, but not an issue.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
matt247 said:

Or you can spend 20 dollars for a recharge pack and never need batteries... >_>

those batteries needs replacement too, and add up cost.

ps3 built in and you can play with the USB while charging, no stop remove pack and put charged batteries point.