By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 21 (2009). Pokemon Platinum, Punch-Out, Bionic Commando...

trestres said:
That's what happens when Nintendo focuses a lot on their casual games and don't even care to advertise the more traditional games.

They are a victim of their own success, and I'm starting to get pissed after seeing all the core games bomb. I hope they reconsider. They targeted Nº1 position?? ROFL, wtf were they thinking, where is the hype for this game anyways? Where are the ads there in Europe? Massive AAA title means you gotta put some money if you want to achieve that status.

@Tretres this time I can say without a doubt you are a Troll.They have commercials of this game in Europe. Here ia link. Europe just not interested in the game that is all.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network

Well Punch Out will do better in the west, although it's kinda disappointing UK didn't want it. Although, the weird thing about UK, is it's different from most of the other countries when it comes to buying habits in Europe. Maybe it'll do a little better in the other countries. Especially France.

Nice to see Pokemon Platinum hold off the casual UFC and EA Sports Active. But we knew Pokemon would be huge anyways. UFC seems like it'll be quite a big release and EA Sports Active could be colossal. But just after this week we should see sales starting to do a little bit better especially when June hits with all the big releases before the end of the quarter.

Are we gonna see a Wii HW boost? I mean it seems Wii Play jumped 95% or did I read it wrong? All Wii games (at least the usual top 40 suspects) jumped this week a bit.

For Punch Out, not sure what to think. I got it this week (so for next week's charts) and it is really great (just plain fun!!). Store I hgot it from didn't have a lot and it was not showcased in any way. I'm on this site a lot and that's how I heard it was coming out but where I am (Belgium/Luxembourg), I haven't seen any ads (and amazon.fr doesn't really promote it either). I am thinking it will have long small legs (much better than Madworld of course but nothing spectacular either). We'll see what Americas will do with it...

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

lazyrider said:
Are we gonna see a Wii HW boost? I mean it seems Wii Play jumped 95% or did I read it wrong? All Wii games (at least the usual top 40 suspects) jumped this week a bit.

Nearly everything is up this week due to it being a long weekend and also school holidays. Total market is up 55% over previous week so I'd guess hardware is up too. Lots of DS games in the chart aswell, so I wouldn't be surprised if DS got the biggest boost this week.

^ok thanks. Still, 95% boost of Wii Play is impressive (and is often attached to Wii HW I would guess).

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Around the Network

I expected Punch Out!! to be in the top 40, in fact I thought it would be in the top 10. It just seems like a perfect fit for the system.

I was wondering. Why people expected Punch Out to be big in Europe when:

a) The original NES game didn't sell well (actually 510k Lifetime sales)
b) The charm of Punch Out is to make fun of all those stereotypes (Those Cheese-eating surrender monkeys)

alfredofroylan said:

I was wondering. Why people expected Punch Out to be big in Europe when:

a) The original NES game didn't sell well (actually 510k Lifetime sales)

Wow. The way most people talk you'd think it sold the same as SMB.

Soleron said:

Wow. The way most people talk you'd think it sold the same as SMB.

Actually if you check the sales of the original NES game almost 3/4 of its sales were in America, check VG Chartz:

0.45m
Japan
0.51m
Others
3.02m
Total

Realistic expectations my friends.

Well that's a really poor opening for Punch Out!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.