By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 21 (2009). Pokemon Platinum, Punch-Out, Bionic Commando...

Deutschland

Pokemon Platin-Edition (DS)
EA SPORTS ACTIVE Personal Trainer (Wii)
UFC 2009 Undisputed (PS3)
Wii Fit (Wii)
Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
Mario Kart DS (DS)
UFC 2009 Undisputed (XBox 360)
FIFA 09 (PS2)
New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS)

Around the Network

i didnt see any punchour adverts until after the 22nd. hopfully itll jump up the charts just like rhythm heaven did

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Thread updated with :

• Germany : "Pokemon Platinum" is this week's "winner", followed by "EA Sports Active" and "UFC 2009: Undisputed" for the PS3. The 360 version of UFC is ranked 7th and allows this console to finally have a game in the chart after 2 months (week 14 with "Resident Evil 5"). No "Punch-Out!!", "Bionic Commando" or "Anno: Create a new World".
  • Denmark : "UFC 2009" takes the lead, followed by "Pokemon Platinum" (being a multiplatform chart helps). "EA Sports Active" isn't very far away in 4th place. No "Punch-Out!!" or "Bionic Commando" either.
  • Australia : "EA Sports Active" is the biggest release this week, but not big enough to take the crown from "Pokemon Platinum", in its 2nd week. The PS3 version of "UFC 2009" is 3rd, and the 360 version, 6th. Still no "Punch-Out!!" or "Bionic Commando".
  • New Zealand : The chart really starts to look like every other PAL charts. "UFC 2009" (for PS3) starts in 2nd place -"Wii Fit" being the 1st. The 360 version is 5th, and "EA Sports Active" 7th. "Pokemon Platinum", released the previous week remains in the chart in place 4. No "Pun.... well I think you've got it now.
  • Sweden : The Sweden chart is usually one of the most volatile. This week's top 10 is only comprised of new releases. And surprise, there's even "Punch-Out!!" (place 8) and "Bionic Commando" (place 10 and 15 for the 360 and PS3 respectively). In addition of "Pokemon Platinum", "UFC 2009" and "EA Sports Active", "Guitar Hero: Metallica" (apparently just released) gets 4 seats (for the 360, PS3, PS2 and Wii, in this order).
  • Norway : "Guitar Hero: Metallica" is the biggest release there, in 1st place in the console chart. "EA Sports Active" is 7th (pretty good for a single platform release) and "Bionic Commando" 18th (not great in this case). Surprisingly, "UFC 2009" and "Pokemon Platinum" don't appear.

I never knew UFC was this popular - in fact, I didn't even knew it existed before last week. Except for Norway, it charts quite high in every single PAL country - it's ranked 3rd and 6th (PS3 and 360 respectively) in the Netherland chart for the week 22 (that I'm soon to post) and it takes the 1st place in the 360 and PS3 charts in Switzerland for this week (that I don't post here - see in the chart calendar for the link). That's quite impressive.

See the first 2 posts for details.

Now I need to create the week 22 PAL Charts Thread and post this week's new releases performance (and maybe the previous ones too...).

It seem PS3 versions now sell more then 360 ones in Australia.

France:

http://www.sell.fr/Les-meilleures-ventes-de-jeux,200.html

TOP 5 CONSOLES

Pokémon - version platine
DS
Nintendo
UFC undisputed
PS3
THQ
Wii Fit
Wii
Nintendo
UFC undisputed
XBox360
THQ
Mario Kart + volant
Wii
Nintendo

TOP 5 PC

Empire Total War
SEGA
World of Warcraft : La colère du Roi-Liche
Activision Blizzard
Counter-Strike
Electronic Arts
Les Sims2 : Double Deluxe
Electronic Arts
Warhammer 40 000 : Dawn of War 2
THQ

Around the Network

France:

http://www.gamekult.com/blog/marchiavel/148252/Charts+France+du+18+au+24+mai+2009+Pokemon+Platine+au+sommet+Bionic+Commando+rate+son+retour.html

1.POKEMON Version PLATINE (Nintendo) NDS (E)
1.UFC 2009 UNDISPUTED (THQ) PS3 (E)
3.Wii FIT (Nintendo) Wii (-2)
4.UFC 2009 UNDISPUTED (THQ) 360 (E)
5.MARIO KART Wii (Nintendo) Wii (-3)
6.PROFESSEUR LAYTON ET L'ETRANGE VILLAGE (Nintendo) NDS (-3)
7.VIRTUA TENNIS 2009 (Sega) PS3 (E)
8.EA SPORTS ACTIVE (Electronic Arts) Wii (E)
9.Wii PLAY (Nintendo) Wii (-5)
10.SPORTS ISLAND 2 (Hudson Soft) Wii (E)