By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UT3 Different Versions

I don't know what anyone else thinks but I really do get irked when game vendors do not give you a content complete game on a given platform...  I was ticked when I heard Gears of War for PC has more then on the 360, I was ticked when I heard that 360 was going to have less UT3 maps then PS3, and now I'm ticked that PS3 won't have as many UT3 maps as the PC...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/821/821817p1.html

I am alright with vendors using the extra features that are unique to each system, like XBox Live!, PS3 Cell Procesing, Wii motion control etc.  But, in general every game should have all of the content on all the platforms.  The experience can be different per platform (More online, better graphics, cooler controls, swapping discs, etc.) but you should not be content deprived.

What do you think?  This is a trend that seems to be gaining momentum and I don't like it one bit no matter which platform you own.

Around the Network

so the pc is going to have maps that the ps3 can't handle wow.

Anytime we have a later release ala GoW how can you be upset at adding stuff. What incentive is there for a PC owner to buy the game that has been out for a while. Your logic is flawed and makes zero sense.

And when discussing PC to console, theres no argument. The PC allows for many different things adn especially when concerning UT3, it only makes sense that Epic would give the userbase that made it what it is some perks.

I look at it as a positive form Dev's, i dont want the same game ot be held back or brought down to a level of another console......its good that devs will be taking advantage of the benefits of different consoles, identicle games shouldnt be contrained by medium. Xbox Live should be better than the PSN service and it is, its a benefit, Stranglehold has Hard Boiled on PS3 because of BD......its a good thing that devs are taking advantage of the different consoles in this way, imo.

@sleepwalking

The ps3 can use all of pc's maps.

mM

Not to mention that you're talking about a PC game here that will have tons of user made content. It's not exactly new that a PC game can have a lot more content.

Around the Network

PC>PS3..>360

leo-j said:
@sleepwalking

The ps3 can use all of pc's maps.

is that so? hmm.

Mark Rein said that they are shooting for a November release and did say that the PS3 version would have "most" of the content that would be found in its PC brother. He said that there would be a couple of maps that would be left out of the PS3 version simply because the system didn't have the resources to produce a smooth gameplay experience.

@sleepwalking

He never said that, on the other hand during the gamespot e3 interview he stated that the ps3 version would be the best of the three in terms of graphics and content, as well as gameplay(mouse or controller).

mM

PC games almost always have more maps. There's tons of storage to waste on a PC...we're talking downloading maps on a 20-80 GB PS3 compared to a 100-500 GB PC...big difference.

And for Gears of War...it'll be, what, like a year or so since the 360 version came out? More maps is pretty much required to get me to purchase.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

So the PS3 can't handle some of the PC version's levels? Ouch :( And yet they're saying it won't affect mods? How can they say that for sure?

This is bad news for the PS3 version though since it could gain a reputation as being the "gimped" version of the game :(