By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UT3 Different Versions

Why do people deny reality ?

Look at the PC specs for UT3, Duhh it will do bigger maps then PS3.
PS3 has BR, Duhhh Epic can fit more content on it then dvd.

Pathetic fanboys, Epic cant even give a compliment to any version with out a fanboy war starting.

Around the Network

Well I guess we'll have to wait until the PS3 version comes out to get the final verdict.

I am pretty sure the issues they are talking about with the PS3 not being able to smoothly handle certain maps is going to have to do with extremely large wide open spaces with huge draw distances and absurd amounts of polygons on screen. Z-cull'ing can only do so much =/

From the sounds of it the distance is going to be pretty large before the impact would be felt (this is based on the PS3 videos of the game I have seen and the immense size of the levels shown in those demos). So I really don't think this is going to be much of an issue.

As far as preventing mods/maps from being a problem they may have limited the size of the maps to help out. Once again I have to say considering the size of the maps I don't think its a big deal.

But either way this should serve to prove my point that the PS3 will reach its limits well before PCs do, this is of course because it's an extremely unfair comparison where one technology is evolving and the other is standing still. Honestly the comparison is absurd in the first place and I don't even know why I should have to point this out for people.

To Each Man, Responsibility

PS3 has never been more powerful than the average PC of this year, last year, or even 2 years ago. UT3 cannot keep a fluid gameplay on a few maps due to the PS3 not being powerful enough/not having enough RAM.

In Xbox 360's case is more about lack of storage in their disc format, since they have enough RAM to give that extra mileage for those maps that PS3 could not handle. Though Epic could put use of 360's HDD to install UT3 and, therefore, have more maps available, I understand their decision of leaving that out as many people do not have HDD for their 360's. Besides, not many people will notice the disappearance of a few maps.

Again, it's more of a RAM issue from PS3, and for the 360 it's more of a non-use of HDD because if the game had required HDD we probably would've been able to see the entire uncut UT3 version on the 360.

but you guys still should be more happy then people who will get the 360 version, it even got less maps.

... and the Xbox 360 will still sell the most copies which is all that Mark Rein really cares about. Whatever platform & game he is currently working on is simply the greatest game ever created, not possible on anything else. Just wait & see, Rein will be worshiping the Wii next.

Around the Network

This is a RAM issue, not HDD. Epic has always catered to high end PC's and most of them have 2 GB or more or system RAM and another 512 MB of on card video RAM.

That's all this issue is.

The rEVOLution is not being televised