By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UT3 Different Versions

Well didn't someone from Epic once say that Gears of War in the form it's on the 360 wouldn't be possible on the PS3? Maybe they ran into a similar problem with Unreal Tournament 3.

Around the Network

How can the PS3 do everything that a PC can do when the hardware specs of a PC are far superior to that of the PS3?

I mean, you cannot compare the 2 spec wise and therefore their performance will also be different. Epic have also stated they have the same issue with the 360 which has even more RAM but lacks the disc storage space of Blu-ray. Remember these are consoles, they are not supposed to be identical to PC's.

Therefore PC games should be superior to console games if you are pushing the limits of both sets of hardware, as in what Epic are doing here.

Well didn't someone from Epic once say that Gears of War in the form it's on the 360 wouldn't be possible on the PS3? Maybe they ran into a similar problem with Unreal Tournament 3.

Epic say a lot of things to hype and promote their games. They have bitched about the 360 hardware numerous times throughout the development of UT3. 

jhlennon1 said:

I mean, you cannot compare the 2 spec wise and therefore their performance will also be different. Epic have also stated they have the same issue with the 360 which has even more RAM but lacks the disc storage space of Blu-ray. Remember these are consoles, they are not supposed to be identical to PC's.

I don't remember them saying anything about performance issues with maps on the 360 version.  Only that Xbox Live was a closed system and they would have to work with Microsoft to find ways around it.  But to be honest I suspect that was just an excuse instead of saying "Hey we got a moneyhat from Sony to make UT3 a timed exclusive.

Legend11 said:
jhlennon1 said:

I don't remember them saying anything about performance issues with maps on the 360 version. Only that Xbox Live was a closed system and they would have to work with Microsoft to find ways around it. But to be honest I suspect that was just an excuse instead of saying "Hey we got a moneyhat from Sony to make UT3 a timed exclusive.

Legend11 you makes no sense.

Br disk can be 50 GB, are you under some impression theres a chance in hell they could fit all that on a dvd ?

Its just like Rain said, Br can has more space.  No pretenses about it, thats just reality. 

Legend11 said:
jhlennon1 said:

I don't remember them saying anything about performance issues with maps on the 360 version. Only that Xbox Live was a closed system and they would have to work with Microsoft to find ways around it. But to be honest I suspect that was just an excuse instead of saying "Hey we got a moneyhat from Sony to make UT3 a timed exclusive.

Epic complained about DVD9 limiting the game and that there was not enough space on the disc. It's all spin, that is what Mark Rein does and that is why I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

And don't accuse Sony of moneyhatting without proof. Sony and MS fans always resort to using that excuse.... 

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

During one of the video's on Gametrailers the dev says that UT3 blows Gears away in everything.  Better graphics, bigger levels, smoother gameplay and more people on screen at once.  

That doesn't mean it's impossible for the 360 version to do well.

Seriously...after working with Gears on 360, I'm sure they could get UT3 to work well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

jhlennon1 said:
Legend11 said:
jhlennon1 said:

Epic complained about DVD9 limiting the game and that there was not enough space on the disc. It's all spin, that is what Mark Rein does and that is why I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

And don't accuse Sony of moneyhatting without proof. Sony and MS fans always resort to using that excuse.... 

So is Blu-Ray limiting the game as well?  Otherwise what's the deal with the maps and performance issues on the PS3?

GranTurismo said:
Legend11 said:

During one of the video's on Gametrailers the dev says that UT3 blows Gears away in everything.  Better graphics, bigger levels, smoother gameplay and more people on screen at once.  

Were they talking about the PC version of UT3?

Legend11 said:
GranTurismo said:
Legend11 said:

During one of the video's on Gametrailers the dev says that UT3 blows Gears away in everything. Better graphics, bigger levels, smoother gameplay and more people on screen at once.

Were they talking about the PC version of UT3?

It was on the PS3, the guy was playing it.