By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official The Conduit Thread

silentmac said:

I'm not making a new thread for this since there are already enough troll magnets but in their review Game Informer said:

"The control is less horrible than you might fear. However, it falls well short of a vanilla dual analog scheme."

and

"While The Conduit’s controls feel tighter than most Wii shooters, its shaky aiming still doesn’t prove that the Wii can do FPS better than other consoles."

I just don't get it.  Are these people completely uncoordinated or just severely mentally handicapped?  I seriously don't think I can ever read this magazine again after reading this...

They gave it a 7 BTW

http://gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/0299E3BA-18FB-4EC8-B884-E3C7742585A8.htm

Yeah I could never reccomend the magazine seriously... You must remember this is the only magazine/publication I can think of that has given Tiger Woods 2010 on Wii the same score as the 360 and PS3 games and on top of that the second opinion on the PS3 and 360 versions were higher. 

They stated the core game is a 7 without WM+ LOL when I've played Tiger 09 Wii and 360 and now Tiger 10 without WM+ and it's all much better on the Wii...

They also gave the Wii version of Ghostbusters a hole point and a half lower. 

And gave Little King Story an 8

All this in the same month think about this kind of stuff every month lol.

It seriously pissed me off last year with their E3 coverage lacking a majority of Wii games that were there.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

I don't get the entire review snafu going on right now. I've played most every one of the big FPS games from the past 10 years. I happen to like the conduit. It's been FUN.

There are many other games which could easily be picked apart. Bioshock is widely regarded as one of the best games this gen. It has really bad AI. generic enemies, an uninteresting story, and gameplay straight out of the early 90's (it felt like an upgrade to hexen/heretic). Yet the reviewers loved it. These reviews for the conduit make no sense...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

MaxwellGT2000 said:

Yeah I could never reccomend the magazine seriously... You must remember this is the only magazine/publication I can think of that has given Tiger Woods 2010 on Wii the same score as the 360 and PS3 games and on top of that the second opinion on the PS3 and 360 versions were higher. 

They stated the core game is a 7 without WM+ LOL when I've played Tiger 09 Wii and 360 and now Tiger 10 without WM+ and it's all much better on the Wii...

They also gave the Wii version of Ghostbusters a hole point and a half lower. 

And gave Little King Story an 8

All this in the same month think about this kind of stuff every month lol.

It seriously pissed me off last year with their E3 coverage lacking a majority of Wii games that were there.

The fact thats they gave Tiger woods 10 the same as the other games is just nuts. Apperently the wii version has more courses and people then the 360 version. How can they give it the same score when their more content and better controls is beyond me. And yea, people have different taste...but claiming the conduit  has bad controls is just insane. Its the closest youll get to a mouse. And mouse/wiimote beat dual analog anyday (I like dual analog, dont get me wrong..but i feel wiimote/mouse is just faster and more accurate then dual analog).

This is probably the worst console gen war ever in terms of bias reviews...its really really ashame. Owners of the these sites and magazines should be ashame and have better standards.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

DarkNight_DS said:
I don't get the entire review snafu going on right now. I've played most every one of the big FPS games from the past 10 years. I happen to like the conduit. It's been FUN.

There are many other games which could easily be picked apart. Bioshock is widely regarded as one of the best games this gen. It has really bad AI. generic enemies, an uninteresting story, and gameplay straight out of the early 90's (it felt like an upgrade to hexen/heretic). Yet the reviewers loved it. These reviews for the conduit make no sense...

I don't understand it, it seems like they lifted all the forum hate on the Conduit and was writing to the fanboys saying you were right all along.

I'm fine with people having differing opinions but it's obvious when games aren't given a fair shake, I mean Gamepro flat out stated it didn't even play online and skipped cut scenes...

The thing many sites are saying that gets under my skin is the bad story bit and I always wonder if they found the radios, listened to the reports, scanned the walls, and then used google to read up on that conspiracy, etc. like you'd never know *spoiler* Adams was an alien that landed on Earth in Kecksburg and "won" something there (I missed a couple of scans so I'm missing a few details)

It just gets really annoying to read these unprofessional sites passing off their trash as journalism... >_>

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I'm trying to get online tonight and I feel like Superchunk, it's just not letting me on, lol. it's amazing to me how the first day or so I had no problem getting where I wanted to go, but as the game became more available, my problems have slowly increased. Tonight takes the cake cause it won't let me on at all.

...I hope this is something that is a capacity issue that they can address soon.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network
senortaco said:
I'm trying to get online tonight and I feel like Superchunk, it's just not letting me on, lol. it's amazing to me how the first day or so I had no problem getting where I wanted to go, but as the game became more available, my problems have slowly increased. Tonight takes the cake cause it won't let me on at all.

...I hope this is something that is a capacity issue that they can address soon.

That happened to me a few nights ago... It usually will fix itself within 1 - 3 hours...

^
Maybe they are trying to figure out a way to boot the damn hackers...

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

Take it for what it is worth but apparently Nintendo banned some people for hacking today... Check out at the end of the video... They can't connect to the Conduit either!  If they do this once a month or so that will pretty much put an end to it...  Also, if true it seems they can see your Nintendo console FC and ban all of your games?  I would hate to be that guy...

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

Thats just awesome! Go Nintendo!

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

So whats everyones favorite Mode+Weapon Set+Map?

Mines is ASE Football+Explosives+Infirmary or Team Marathon+Near/Far+Pentagon. Sniping in pentagon is awesome and ASE Football with explosives is pure win.