By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official The Conduit Thread

snowdog said:
I tend to do better with the explosive set myself, and the shotgun too...all those years of Quake must be paying off lol. I haven't even looked at the Objectives part of the multiplayer yet, have been too busy with the Team Deathmatch ones. I haven't enjoyed an online game so much in years!

My kills:deaths ratio is now 1:1.38 lol, I'm a nightmare to have on your side during a Team Deathmatch game cos I tend to use suicidal Rambo-esque tactics lololol.

Sounds like me, but not sure what my kill ratio is.  Most of the time, I can take the other person out.  When I try to be more careful, I end up standing still making a good target for a head shot, and do even worse...

I do better on the ASE games...

I'm much better at RTS games than FPS, but it's still fun.

The Wii really needs a good online Starcraft like game.

Around the Network

It's annoying that it doesn't give you your ratio, you have to work out. From your kills and deaths divide the larger number by the smaller number. Once done the smaller number is your 1 which'll either give you 1:x or x:1 depending on whether your kills or deaths is the smaller number.

I'm also pretty disappointed that there isn't a leaderboard of some sort, but despite that it's still the most entertaining online game I've played since Halo 1 on the PC.

^ The Wii's biggest online game doesn't have leaderboards... Brawl...

ARGHHHH!!! I have been trying to get into an online match for like 30 mins now.

What gives?

Quick match, Long Range, Pentagon or Streets, Team Reaper = fan-fucking-tastic

"Success really is decided at birth, and your life will never be better than it is right now. Sorry about that."

Around the Network
Kenology said:
.jayderyu said:
WOW just WOW. I nayed this game on interest mentioning that Online had to be the only redeaming feature. This topic pages is about to hit 60. I can't believe that this game won't do well. I haven't seen this much interest since games like Brawl.

Is this a troll attempt?  I'm not quite sure...

Nope no trolling. I just couldn't imagine an FPS from 12 years ago(PC time) could do so well. It's generic, bland and simple. What I didn't take into account that a perfect game even if old can do so well. Played another 2 hours today(July 2, 8:30am) and still the Single Player game makes me very nauseous to play. I still don't like the relativly LONG STRAIGHT level design. I never did even back in Doom days. Though I finished Doom because I played co-op with a friend. While I still don't think much of the SP game play I can't really fault it. HVS has made a perfect Classic FPS. There is no flaw in regards to technical design. Some people may want more, but HVS didn't even try. It's not a fault for not trying it's just that obviously they felt they wouldn't be able to meat the requirements at this time. Sometimes it's better to leave something out if you don't have the time to do it right. So I thought this game would do poorly because of it's design and age. Unless the Online was REALLY GOOD.

Well after playing a couple of Reaper Mataches I can honestly say that the team games are extremly solid and done really well. I had a lot of fun. I don't normally play online because of connection times, lag or lack of options(Brawl, I really hated that you can set stock mode with max time in Brawl: 3 stock 20 minute limit would have been awesome).

I don't know if I will stop borrowing a friends copy and instead buy it myself.  I just don't know if buying a game for just the online content is worth it. At least the online doesn't make me feel sick. I'll try it out some more before I decide to buy it. Or more importantly if the online population maintains a high number of players that will lean me towards buying it. If the population drops off in a few months then it won't be worth the money.

"Quick match, Long Range, Pentagon or Streets, Team Reaper = fan-fucking-tastic"

My sentiments exactly. 

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Streets is my favourite map so far, and the Explosive weapon set is bloody great when there's rockets flying all over the place...the screen shaking makes your missiles go all over the place lol. I now have a kill:death ratio of 1:1.30 so am getting better. And I'm still only 77% through the single player yet. This is going to be sitting in my Wii for months :oD

So far my ration is a miserable 1:0.5 that right. I die about twice as much.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Let's just hope this game gives incentive to other developers to put more serious efforts on the wii, though at this point the most the wii gamers can hope for is for the next Nintendo console to get here as soon as possible.

I beg to differ. The success of the caught everybody in the industry by surprise, hence the dodgy low budget party games and PS2 ports. When it continued to outsell the 360 and PS3 combined at Christmas 2007 developers and publishers started to seriously concentrate on higher quality Wii titles. We've already seen some of them recently including The Conduit, Deadly Creatures, House of The Dead Overkill and Madworld...all with higher production values and better quality eye candy.

And we've got more pretty(!) titles on the way with Dead Space Extraction, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Gladiator AD and the Grinder.

Nintendo won't release another console for years...my personal opinion would be 2012 when HDTVs are more common. They don't need to release another console...after all, the Wii is still outselling the 360 and PS3 combined in all territories and hasn't even had a price cut since launch. :Oo