By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official The Conduit Thread

What i have been noticing is strange lag when picking up weapons online. One time i stood over a Strike Rifle and held the button to pick it up for as long as i could until someone started shooting at me. It failed to pick up and i ran away, then like a minute later it all of a sudden switched to a Strike Rifle.

Also: There is a really easy spawn point to camp in the Streets level, it's high up on top of a bunch of rubble in between two of the buildings. Pretty much everyone fighting on the street can see you, and just wipe you out as soon as you appear.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

been seeing many of the review ads on tv

Have just had my first experience of some little twonk cheating. He was getting hit by ammunition left, right and bloody center and was hardly getting any damage done at all. During a Marathon Team Deathmatch game with the Explosive weapons set he only died 5 or 6 times and managed over 30 kills which completely messed up the scoring. What the bloody hell is the point..?!!?

For future reference avoid any game involving 'oOOOOo', can't remember if it was 3 or 4 Os in the middle but you get the idea.

I'm just gobsmacked that anybody would want to waste time cheating, doesn't get them anything after all considering there aren't any leaderboards or anything (unless I've missed them?).

senortaco said:
superchunk said:
HELP!!

ok, so I've been playing the single player mode with all kinds of fun and heartache.

However, every time I try to do a multiplayer game I get no love. I always connect to a game with 6-8 peoples and just get a black screen. No options, no killing, nuthin. What am I doing wrong?

Which multiplayer game mode? Cause when that happen to me...being the problem solver that I am, I discovered it was actually on the SERVER side. I had selected Regional>Team Reaper, and it was like I kept connection to the same server with the "bad game". Try either connecting to a different mode, or choose Worldwide, if the lock is there, or choice Regional, if the lock is Worldwide.

One thing I will say it does seem like The Conduit is putting pressure on Gamespy/Nintendo's servers that they didn't expect...

So far I've tried 3 games. Worldwide and regional Team reaper and regional everyone for themself.

Idk, its kind of annoying.

Is there a way to determine who strong your Wii's wireless connection is?

I'm struggling online at the moment because my patch cable for my router has gone tits up, am forced to piggyback my neighbour's unsecured wireless until I get one tomorrow but haven't had any problems connecting tonight. As senortaco has suggested I think their servers are getting stressed with the traffic. Hopefully it's only going to be a temporary problem, or things'll get worse when it's out in Europe.

Around the Network

@Superchuck

Ive had that problem maybe 5 times since i bought the game. Its not a terribley comon problem for me, but it does get annoying haveing to reset your Wii every time.

Ive found that Team reaper matches are harder to find (successfully, without the black screen) than regular matches. Try sticking to regular deathmatches and it works fine.

Btw i got WiiSpeak.

superchunk said:
senortaco said:
superchunk said:
HELP!!

ok, so I've been playing the single player mode with all kinds of fun and heartache.

However, every time I try to do a multiplayer game I get no love. I always connect to a game with 6-8 peoples and just get a black screen. No options, no killing, nuthin. What am I doing wrong?

Which multiplayer game mode? Cause when that happen to me...being the problem solver that I am, I discovered it was actually on the SERVER side. I had selected Regional>Team Reaper, and it was like I kept connection to the same server with the "bad game". Try either connecting to a different mode, or choose Worldwide, if the lock is there, or choice Regional, if the lock is Worldwide.

One thing I will say it does seem like The Conduit is putting pressure on Gamespy/Nintendo's servers that they didn't expect...

So far I've tried 3 games. Worldwide and regional Team reaper and regional everyone for themself.

Idk, its kind of annoying.

Is there a way to determine who strong your Wii's wireless connection is?

I want to say yes. I have to try it when I get home, but I think when you click on the "Home" button at the Wii menu screen, I believe it shows you your signal strength.

...Have you EVER been able to connect to the service since you had The Conduit? Try this you have 3 save slots, create a new profile in one of your open ones, and see if you can connect to the Multiplayer, if you don't have any problem it could be your profile I guess.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

No you cant do that. The HOME button is disabled whenever your online. You can only find your signal strength through the options menu, in the Wii Menu. Go to the internet settings, and find your access point, the signal strength will be right next to it.

Voltaire said:

@Superchuck

Ive had that problem maybe 5 times since i bought the game. Its not a terribley comon problem for me, but it does get annoying haveing to reset your Wii every time.

Ive found that Team reaper matches are harder to find (successfully, without the black screen) than regular matches. Try sticking to regular deathmatches and it works fine.

Btw i got WiiSpeak.

I was thinking this too. With my curiosity I need to email a Rep. from HVS to enquire about it...Cause like the first day I was just checking out all the features, and I was able to get online in all the modes no problemo.

...Personally I wonder if it's a traffic issue with their network, cause I find it HARD to believe a glitch like this one could make it pass testing. Plus with the lag seeming to have increased abit...

Voltaire said:
No you cant do that. The HOME button is disabled whenever your online. You can only find your signal strength through the options menu, in the Wii Menu. Go to the internet settings, and find your access point, the signal strength will be right next to it.

Ah, thank you sir! I knew you could find out what your signal strength is just couldn't remember where...