By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First real The Conduit review

leo-j said:
I hate it when reviewers compare a game to another game.. when one game is really different than the other, for example " We think killzone 2 is generic, and doesnt come close to the amazing experience that is Gears of war" , first off one is a 3rd person shooter, the other is a first person shooter.

Why am I bragging you ask? Well its because the nintendo reviewer states "This game doesnt measure up to halo or half life", I ask why does it matter? Since when did you have to compare every game to half life and halo? The review revolves around the conduit not those two games, the conduit is a different fps experience than half life and halo as well

I know, that is a really annoying habit of reviewers nowadays. Games aren't supposed to replicate each other to an exact tee. If they were going to compare games, they could at least compare it to another Wii FPS, like Red Steel or Call of Duty: World At War.

Comparing it to Halo 3 is just illogical. We can't even compare a tri-quel to a new IP.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I'll wait till the game comes out, so we can get the real reviews.

I need full page scan ,i want to now that online multiplayer good or not.

nvm, see it now. :D

"My only issue during online play was that i would get booted from the lobby occasionally between matches.Other than that, the experience was impressively smooth."

Seems to be good enough to play now ,can't wait. XD

There's already a scan posted in this topic. :D

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm43/PDTempest/scan0001.jpg

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

gergroy said:
sounds about right for an fps on the wii.

Metroid Prime 3 is one of the best FPS games this generation, and it's on the Wii.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I hate it when reviewers compare a game to another game.. when one game is really different than the other, for example " We think killzone 2 is generic, and doesnt come close to the amazing experience that is Gears of war" , first off one is a 3rd person shooter, the other is a first person shooter.

Why am I bragging you ask? Well its because the nintendo reviewer states "This game doesnt measure up to halo or half life", I ask why does it matter? Since when did you have to compare every game to half life and halo? The review revolves around the conduit not those two games, the conduit is a different fps experience than half life and halo as well

Agreed.  I posted much the same idea in another thread this morning.

leo-j said:

Did leo-j just say that? Where the hell have I been?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
gergroy said:
sounds about right for an fps on the wii.

Metroid Prime 3 is one of the best FPS games this generation, and it's on the Wii.

I do not agree with this statement :)

Gonintendo has just marked it as a rumor to be safe.
I'll look for typo's, formatting errors, ect.
Anything that looks out of place.
The only thing people have pointed out was the review was one page, and the preview was several.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Kind of expected a higher score from Nintendo Power, 8 is still good though.
Good level design, selection of weapons and seamless controls.

Hope the sequel adds split screen and DLC. :)