By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First real The Conduit review

Well that meets the high end of my expectations. First day purchase for me.

Come on - NO one expected this to be a Halo-killer. We all knew this was going to be a vanilla FPS but one built specifically for Wii.

The controls are excellent - meaning they kick the stuffing out of dual analog, the action is fun, the multi-player works seamlessly and has many fun modes (sorely missing from CoDWaW) plus unparalleled customization.

Plus this proves the Wii is a perfect system for FPS play. What more do you want? If you want a full featured CoDMW2 or other top tier AAA FPS from an established FPS developer (like Valve or Epic) then purchase this game and enjoy it for what it is which is a damn fine FPS with amazing controls and the best online the Wii has ever seen.

Around the Network

8.0 it's good!!

but ok, we got at at least 10 8's the last 3-4 months : (

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

The overall review sounds a lot more positive then the pros and cons listed here. He said the ending was abrupt like Halo was at it's ending, so not really a terrible thing.

But he talks about weapons being satisfying and overall customization is staggering.

Sounds really positive, honestly I wouldn't count off for bad AI because personally I've yet to see "impressive" AI its either challenging AI, average AI, or bad AI that runs into walls and shoots at nothing. No AI has ever compensated for not being human which is why if it's well built and offers challenge as he says it does I'm happy.

As for the ASE use, I wonder if he found the secrets with the ASE like HVS described was going to be in the game, it could possibly be the main parts of the game don't need the ASE a lot? And getting the secrets and story you have to go hunting? Not sure yet.

It also describes "console defining online" (in respects to Halo for Xbox) with the 12 player online, the capture the ASE mode being good and the unique bounty hunter mode is really good.

Finally he does say it is the best FPS on Wii despite Nintendo Power giving W@W the exact same score lol I'm not certain what to make of that comment.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I don't think we should compare this game to Halo/GOW ,agree about what leo-j thought.

It will make people angry ,like many games on Wii that were bashed by HD gamer too.

Now FPS fans on Wii got great game to play ,so lets enjoy it and try not to bother PS360. :)

MaxwellGT2000 said:
The overall review sounds a lot more positive then the pros and cons listed here. He said the ending was abrupt like Halo was at it's ending, so not really a terrible thing.

But he talks about weapons being satisfying and overall customization is staggering.

Sounds really positive, honestly I wouldn't count off for bad AI because personally I've yet to see "impressive" AI its either challenging AI, average AI, or bad AI that runs into walls and shoots at nothing. No AI has ever compensated for not being human which is why if it's well built and offers challenge as he says it does I'm happy.

As for the ASE use, I wonder if he found the secrets with the ASE like HVS described was going to be in the game, it could possibly be the main parts of the game don't need the ASE a lot? And getting the secrets and story you have to go hunting? Not sure yet.

It also describes "console defining online" (in respects to Halo for Xbox) with the 12 player online, the capture the ASE mode being good and the unique bounty hunter mode is really good.

Finally he does say it is the best FPS on Wii despite Nintendo Power giving W@W the exact same score lol I'm not certain what to make of that comment.

Kind of make it sounds the reviewer and the person who gave it the score are different people, doesn't it.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network
Exblackman said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Kind of make it sounds the reviewer and the person who gave it the score are different people, doesn't it.

I kinda figured that but I mean at least look at other reviews your staff made in a genre and see the scores they gave, if the last FPS got an 8.0 and was like yeah it's good but nothing to write home about, then you say it's the best FPS on Wii and give it the same score it's just weird and sends mixed signals.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Not saying this is definite, but anybody notice something:

You'll see that where the page is bent at the top of the page, every single page has no visible colour. Some sort of colour is usually visible from the side.

It could be that somebody just stuck lots of sheets of paper behind it.

Twilightman on Gametrailers

I think I can believe this review, and I can accept an 8 from NP (which means nothing to me, really...they give inconsistent scores.
If this turns out to be fake, I will shat myself. I don't know, the scan looks kinda iffy.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Fake.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26883663

^^That's about the old fake.

edit: i still have some questions about this review though, like why is it available so soon, the next issue isn't due out for ages.