By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I finally caught Mesprit!

Its been an off-and-on process for the past few months. Except for my playthrough of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Sonic Chronicles, my DS has been completely devoted to chasing that damn thing all over Sinnoh. It got down to the point where chasing Mesprit was my default time-waster.

I'll admit i went about it the wrong way. My team isn't built for capturing pokemon, just for KOing them. My only move for paralysis was my Luxray's Spark, with its 15% paralysis chance, but i eventually wore Mesprit down to the point where one more hit from Spark would kill it. I didn't feel like raising something specifically for this purpose, so i just wondered around, pitching Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls at it, and i eventually lucked out with a Dusk Ball.

I've been chasing that thing for so long that i have no idea what i had planned to do afterwards. But now i want to return to Stark Mountain to catch Heatran.

Quite a painstaking process, though, damn.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Congrats! I haven't caught any of those either. I stopped playing when got to Stark Mountain. Maybe I'll pick it up again one of these days.

Congratulations!!

(btw, I need another DS to play Pokémon Platinum =( )

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

So.. how do you feel about it? Happy? Fullfilled? Sad cause your quest has ended? Nothing?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

BASTARD!!! I still can't catch it. Congrats though seriously your lucky :)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Around the Network

congrats

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Good job Ahab.

I still need to catch it, Cresscelia, Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres.

I got all three, plus Heatran, Giratina, Cresselia, Regigigas... to be honest, there are too many legendaries and its not fun capturing them as much now. The last legendary I felt really great about catching was Rayquayza or Kyogre.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Good job man. These three are a pain in the butt to catch. I was thinking about paralyzing and using dusk balls, like you said, they seem to work the best.