By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous 7/10 from Eurogamer (UK)

forevercloud3000 said:
Rainbird said:

I also thought the demo for Wolverine was really good, certainly the full game must be extremely good as well. Oh, wait...

Wolverine is a movie liscensed game, that was your first mistake.....

You cannot compare the predestined failure of a liscensenced franchise to a game that has peaked the interest in favor of it in many, given excedingly high marks from other reviewers, praised by early players(who got it weeks before release) and those who also liked the demo(me).

And how about reading the different reviews. You will see Eurogamer took everything that every other reviewer(the IGNs, Joystick, etc) loved about the game and turned it into a negative. Right off the bat they relate Infamous to a shooter...which it is not. They complain about some missions repeating......which is funny, I thought all sanbox games did that.Yet other BETTER reviewers have stated there is much variety. To have these views completely contradict what I have seen and heard from other reviewers makes me question how the hell they could feel that way without being blatently biased. At least in the 8.5 reviews they didn't try to morph every positive into a negative.

I trully think they do this to PS3 games to get hits from a lot of angry fans on their site. Some attention is better then no attention.

Lol. Simply lol at the "licensed" argument. What about Valkyria Chronicles? If you judge that game by the demo, I assure you the score will be lower than it is now, it goes both ways. And why in the world would a movie licensed game, having a good demo, mean that the game is bad?

It's all opinion, and if this guy doesn't like it, while someone else does, then that what it is. That's the reality of things. Why should every living being think that MGS4 is a masterpiece? Not everyone will like it, and the same goes for inFamous.

Around the Network

@seece
are you going to counter what forevercloud said or just point out what you have already said or maybe remind us again that your planning to get a PS3 .

Why do you care anyways !? let us bitch at this bias score.

hatmoza 2.0 said:
@seece
are you going to counter what forevercloud said or just point out what you have already said or maybe remind us again that your planning to get a PS3 .

Why do you care anyways !? let us bitch at this biased score.

My whole point is how do any of you know its a biased score? The ones in this thread claiming to have the game A) I don't believe and B) are actually incapable of saying anything negative Sony related.

I'm not saying Inffamous is bad ... in fact I'm not even talking about infamus, my reason for people in this thread is post on the first page, people saying its a harsh score without playing the game.

Leonidus said:
Rainbird said:
Leonidus said:

And there was me thinking that Demo's were supposed to let gamers know what the full game would be like and give them a taster of it.

Right, and have you never had a demo where your feelings regarding it didn't match those of the game? I know I have.

Mirrors Edge is the only one, but seriously. You can still tell more about a game from its demo than you guys are letting on

It all depends. The point of a demo, from a developers point of view, is to make people want your game. And if taking the very best of a game and making a demo based on that, while making sure people don't see a lot of the bad stuff, is what will make people buy the game, chances are that something like that will happen.

Just because a site doesn't give a PS3 exclusive a 90+ doesn't mean it is biased guys.

They have given many many 9+ scores to PS3 games in the last 6 months or so.

If you want to get on anyone go get on Variety. They are the ones who attacked PS3 fanboys in regards to Killzone 2, then tried to look nice by saying they can't wait to play it and then ironically chose to bypass a review.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
seece said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Leonidus said:
seece said:
forevercloud3000 said:
seece said:
LOL at people saying "ooo harsh", you havn't even played the game yet how would you KNOW they're being harsh, and don't tell me "Oh but I have played the demo!!" sod the poxy demo you havn't played the full game so stop with the stupid insults towards Eurogamer.

Well I did/ and still am playing the Demo, and come 26th of May, I will be playing the real game. When I Play the real game, and I formulate my absolute opinion on it, I assure you it will be nowhere near what Eurogamer put it. Thats just it. Eurogamer's reviews are not what people in general think of the game when they play it most of the time, which makes their reviews nonesense most of the time.

From just playing what I have in the demo alone this game could be nothing less than a 8.9, everything else is biased dribble.

I hate to even talk to you because you're so biased its unreal. How can you know a game is 8.9 from a demo? They have played the game you havn't. You saying its an 8.9 without playing the game makes YOU bias.

You havn't played the frigging game for all you know the boss is a pink fluffy rabbit that shoots carrots at you ...

And there was me thinking that Demo's were supposed to let gamers know what the full game would be like and give them a taster of it.

^This

@ Seece

Wow! Aint that just the pot calling the ketle....

I have played the game, researched it, pretty much all but played the full game yet so my opinion on it holds much more bearing then anything YOU could say about it.

Demos are a jist of what the game will be like. I have put in about 10hrs into the DEMO. Do you have any idea how outrageously fun it is? No, you couldn't .....you haven't played it. The Demo offers majority of the entire first island to play with as well as about 5 missions to contend with. Those FIVE missions are so different in execution that they alone offer more variety then most sandbox games such as GTA.The pop in was not that noticable at all in the demo(only thing that made me pay attention to it was the fact early reviews pointed them out) this is only further enforced by IGN's reviews which say the pop in is no biggy.

Eurogamer also pokes at the mechanics of the game. I find this the most biased because every other person who has played it praises it on this very fact. The cover system is solid, the aiming is on point, the enemies are challenging and fresh. All this can be seen from the Demo. So yea, I do KNOW this game is of much higher quality then Eurogamer would have us believe.

So run along and talk about something where your opinion has basis you obvious little fanboy.

Exactly what have I said about it though forever? I didn't rate it or call it shit. I didn't even say it was a 7. I said none of you could possibly know until you play the full game, and even then your opinion is going to be biased.

See you just see a 360 fan and instantly think "HE'S ATTACKING OMG BRING OUT THE GUNZ"

Dear god ...

Well you tend to give the impression that you think the game is "not good" in some way, the way you defend Eurogamer's yet again obviously flawed review.

Through my interpretation of the game I have seen almost exact parallels of what EG is pegging Infamous. The game is FUN, non stop unadulterated FUN, something so rare these days. Not only is it fun but it immerses me in the being of a SUPERHERO quite like this game(this is just the Demo might I add).

I know this game is top quality just like I know MGS4, Killzone 2, and LBP are top quality and no tainted, biased, attention whore of a site like Eurogamer can tell me different.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

not a bad review for eurogamer.

However, anybody that thought this game was gonna get above 90 wasn't thinking logically.

Decent game with average sales....nuff said

Eurogamer is biased against PS3 exclusives. This is evident with them giving LBP, Killzone 2, Uncharted, and Resistance 2 all a 9/10.

forevercloud3000 said:
seece said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Leonidus said:
seece said:
forevercloud3000 said:
seece said:
LOL at people saying "ooo harsh", you havn't even played the game yet how would you KNOW they're being harsh, and don't tell me "Oh but I have played the demo!!" sod the poxy demo you havn't played the full game so stop with the stupid insults towards Eurogamer.

Well I did/ and still am playing the Demo, and come 26th of May, I will be playing the real game. When I Play the real game, and I formulate my absolute opinion on it, I assure you it will be nowhere near what Eurogamer put it. Thats just it. Eurogamer's reviews are not what people in general think of the game when they play it most of the time, which makes their reviews nonesense most of the time.

From just playing what I have in the demo alone this game could be nothing less than a 8.9, everything else is biased dribble.

I hate to even talk to you because you're so biased its unreal. How can you know a game is 8.9 from a demo? They have played the game you havn't. You saying its an 8.9 without playing the game makes YOU bias.

You havn't played the frigging game for all you know the boss is a pink fluffy rabbit that shoots carrots at you ...

^This

@ Seece

Wow! Aint that just the pot calling the ketle....

I have played the game, researched it, pretty much all but played the full game yet so my opinion on it holds much more bearing then anything YOU could say about it.

Demos are a jist of what the game will be like. I have put in about 10hrs into the DEMO. Do you have any idea how outrageously fun it is? No, you couldn't .....you haven't played it. The Demo offers majority of the entire first island to play with as well as about 5 missions to contend with. Those FIVE missions are so different in execution that they alone offer more variety then most sandbox games such as GTA.The pop in was not that noticable at all in the demo(only thing that made me pay attention to it was the fact early reviews pointed them out) this is only further enforced by IGN's reviews which say the pop in is no biggy.

Eurogamer also pokes at the mechanics of the game. I find this the most biased because every other person who has played it praises it on this very fact. The cover system is solid, the aiming is on point, the enemies are challenging and fresh. All this can be seen from the Demo. So yea, I do KNOW this game is of much higher quality then Eurogamer would have us believe.

So run along and talk about something where your opinion has basis you obvious little fanboy.

Exactly what have I said about it though forever? I didn't rate it or call it shit. I didn't even say it was a 7. I said none of you could possibly know until you play the full game, and even then your opinion is going to be biased.

See you just see a 360 fan and instantly think "HE'S ATTACKING OMG BRING OUT THE GUNZ"

Dear god ...

Well you tend to give the impression that you think the game is "not good" in some way, the way you defend Eurogamer's yet again obviously flawed review.

Through my interpretation of the game I have seen almost exact parallels of what EG is pegging Infamous. The game is FUN, non stop unadulterated FUN, something so rare these days. Not only is it fun but it immerses me in the being of a SUPERHERO quite like this game(this is just the Demo might I add).

I know this game is top quality just like I know MGS4, Killzone 2, and LBP are top quality and no tainted, biased, attention whore of a site like Eurogamer can tell me different.

No, I have no idea how the game plays so I don't have a rating for it. I don't know if Eurogamers review is harsh either. A lot of the people here calling Eurogamer harsh for a 7 when they havn't even played it is ridiculous ..

since when 7 means the game is bad? didn't they give resident evil 5 -recently released game- 7 too?
7 is good stop whining.