By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why is no 3rd party support a bad thing for nintendo??

but what if nintendo had wii fit wii sports wii music AND GTAIV. people arnt syaing its better for them to ahve thirsd party instea dof first party. they are saying its better to have both

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
jellyfishprince said:
unless someone can come up with a reason why nintendo shouldnt embrasse there 1st party success no one is aloud to complain in future threads.

my main point: why is nintendo's 1st party success not seen as a good thing? it's an AMAZING THING

Nintendo's first-party success isn't seen as a good thing becuase nintendo haters were able to twist it into a negative thing by saying that third-party sales are the only sales that matter.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

jellyfishprince said:
dsister44 said:
more games

i dont understand?? like i said how is that a good thing for nintendo?

i love alot of my third party games. vesperia(360 but it serves my point) madworld,de blob, deadly creatures. these are all awesome games all third party. more hardcorez wil buy the wii if it had more awesome third party exclusives

1st party games usually are never multi-platform. I can't think of one.  So that is a pointless point.

Getting direct control over peripherals and marketing is just a given unless a 3rd party makes a peripheral for a certain game. So I don't really even see a point in mentioning that.

Yes, they get more money from 1st party games but you would get even more money if you sold a ton of first and third party games.

So basically all your points are pointless. Also, 3rd party support for the Wii is picking up so the argument over lack of 3rd party support will soon be nullified.

jellyfishprince said:

pros for nintendo:

- they get direct revenue $$$ not a precentage of 3rd party
- they get control over periperals and marketing
- 1st party games will not be multi-plat therefor it benefits nintendo

i have yet to find any cons? and opeople keep saying it is a bad thing? can someone please explain! how does not having a lineup of wii sports, wii music and wii fit be worth losing for like gta4.. who wants that we have mario kart also?? i dont see the importance of why nintendo needs 3rd party support. maybe they needed it when they console was failing (like gamecub) but they do not need it for the wii. please discuss

edit: i actually realized that nintendo has the mst 3rd party support now that i think of it?? wii cheer? wonder babiez? barnyard games? why are people complaining then

O_o??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Around the Network
griffinA said:
jellyfishprince said:
unless someone can come up with a reason why nintendo shouldnt embrasse there 1st party success no one is aloud to complain in future threads.

my main point: why is nintendo's 1st party success not seen as a good thing? it's an AMAZING THING

Nintendo's first-party success isn't seen as a good thing becuase nintendo haters were able to twist it into a negative thing by saying that third-party sales are the only sales that matter.

A+++ wow if i could make that my sig i would that is perfect the haters are always trying to brng nitnendo down

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

wonder babiez, wicked

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

griffinA said:
@dsister44

I thought you were voluntarily banned?

OT: Because third-parties are able to round out a systems library. Third-parties produce games for every niche so they are able to attract as many people to the system as possible.

i was. but now i am back and stronger than ever. now is my time to take reveenge on pichu_pichu 

gwahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahah

on topic 

@jellyfishprince

noone is argueing with the benefits of nitendos awesome first party 

Well if you look at their profits it's hard to say it's a bad thing. But the question remains as to how far the Wii can go with Nintendo doing it all alone. I think for it to get to PS2 levels of sales it needs decent 3rd party help. But whether or not that help comes Nintendo are still going to rake in crazy profits. Just not as crazy as it would be with help from 3rd parties.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Third party sales stablises the platform allowing Nintendo to reduce it's own development costs without jepordising the success of the console (i.e. it can make less games and thus spend less money without seeing a substantial drop in profit-driving software sales).
2. If a game is a soaring success, Nintendo will make a whole heap of licensing money without having had to fork up the cash to cover development costs (i.e. it can make lots of money without having to spend it first).