By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why is no 3rd party support a bad thing for nintendo??

pros for nintendo:

- they get direct revenue $$$ not a precentage of 3rd party
- they get control over periperals and marketing
- 1st party games will not be multi-plat therefor it benefits nintendo

i have yet to find any cons? and opeople keep saying it is a bad thing? can someone please explain! how does not having a lineup of wii sports, wii music and wii fit be worth losing for like gta4.. who wants that we have mario kart also?? i dont see the importance of why nintendo needs 3rd party support. maybe they needed it when they console was failing (like gamecub) but they do not need it for the wii. please discuss

edit: i actually realized that nintendo has the mst 3rd party support now that i think of it?? wii cheer? wonder babiez? barnyard games? why are people complaining then

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

Around the Network

more games

Umm, how about game selection? Outside of Zelda and Metroid, I really don't care a ton for Nintendo games. Mario games are fun novelties at best, Smash Bros is okay when you have people over. I'll take Resident Evil any day. Most of my library consists of 3rd party games.

dsister44 said:
more games

i dont understand?? like i said how is that a good thing for nintendo?

op: You're not very skilled at what you're trying to do.

Around the Network

only a damn fool would start a thread like this.

DAMN!!

@dsister44

I thought you were voluntarily banned?

OT: Because third-parties are able to round out a systems library. Third-parties produce games for every niche so they are able to attract as many people to the system as possible.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Nintendo gets licensing fees for every 3rd party game that is made/sold for their system.

Although Nintendo is the only console maker of the big 3 that can make a profit without these fees, they would be far more profitable if their third party games sold better. 

unless someone can come up with a reason why nintendo shouldnt embrasse there 1st party success no one is aloud to complain in future threads.

my main point: why is nintendo's 1st party success not seen as a good thing? it's an AMAZING THING

Easy, more games. That's kind of a stupid question.