Forums - Sony Discussion - first video of trico

All those who say the model of the Griffin (it's a baby Griffin--cat face, eagle beak, the buds of wings in the back) looked weak...watch it in HD. That video is not good quality. The actual HD vid are amazing. Among the most beautiful I've ever seen of a video game.

The music in the vid is the main theme from the film Miller's Crossing.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Around the Network
Mirson said:

162 days 8 hours ago | By: J-Train | Block

Title: Project Trico

hey, i was lucky enough to see the team ico trailer in september, i work for playstation in australia. ive told a few on this site. here is what i saw:

the trailer starts by showing a pit with a large chain leading into a cave. the chain shakes! you see the creature's eye. they give the impression it is some monster. then you see a little boy running scared. he runs onto a ledge and falls off grabbing with his hands. he dangles there....the creature comes through a large openening out onto the ledge. it is revealed to be a quite nice looking dog/cat like creature. it picks him up and puts him up to safety............they show some gameplay footage of the boy and the creature fighting knights and running away etc.

at the end they show the creature lying down with the boy cuddling up to it. its quite sad though cause the creature has many spears stuck in it. trailer ends. audience were all sad

Oh god, you scared me.  I thought you were going to tell us that the game was cancelled or something.

Mirson said:

hey, i was lucky enough to see the team ico trailer in september, i work for playstation in australia. ive told a few on this site. here is what i saw:

the trailer starts by showing a pit with a large chain leading into a cave. the chain shakes! you see the creature's eye. they give the impression it is some monster. then you see a little boy running scared. he runs onto a ledge and falls off grabbing with his hands. he dangles there....the creature comes through a large openening out onto the ledge. it is revealed to be a quite nice looking dog/cat like creature. it picks him up and puts him up to safety............they show some gameplay footage of the boy and the creature fighting knights and running away etc.

at the end they show the creature lying down with the boy cuddling up to it. its quite sad though cause the creature has many spears stuck in it. trailer ends. audience were all sad

omg...i hope they dont show that...i would cry

Mirson said:

That's what I tought but we can still hope for a happy end Ueda seems to like them.

Its a very emotional video.. this is why I consider video games a form of art

mM
Around the Network

People I swear if anyone spoils this game for me I will see to it that....

Well I guess I'll tattle on you

Thanks Mirson!

THIS is soo SOny. =)

This game has Soul. =)

PS3 FTW!

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Videogirl said:
PullusPardus said:

i've got a feeling that it will have the same fate as all the other "Early videos"  on Team Ico games

Which means ? Both videos are pretty close to what Ico and SotC looked like.

which means they're going to change it.

maybe make the creature more darker (like they always do xD)

$· !"·$!"·$·"" %$"··$ OMG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
OD.!

TRIcOª·!"$!"·ª! IS AWESOME.

SONY I LOVE YOU 1! *faints*

this is the game i was expecting from Team ICO, the game have that! they only can do to games.