By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - first video of trico

Alic0004 said:
Just a few plugs for past Team Ico games, for those uninitiated in their awesome worlds:

From Wikipedia:

Several game designers, such as Eiji Aonuma, Hideo Kojima, and Jordan Mechner, have cited Ico as having influenced the visual appearance of their games, including The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, respectively. Marc Laidlaw, scriptwriter for the Half-Life series, commented that, among several other more memorable moments in the game, the point where Yorda attempts to save Ico from falling off the damaged bridge was "a significant event not only for that game, but for the art of game design". Movie director Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth) has cited both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus as "masterpieces" and part of his directorial influence.

Now, if you've got a designer of Twilight Princess and Hideo Kojima saying someone's been an influence on them (and they're still in their twenties/early thirties as I assume Ueda is) THAT is probably someone to watch.

Just sayin' :)

He is the next "KING OF GAMES"

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

Speculation on gaf is that the beast is a mere baby, perhaps a baby griffin. Either way, I expect to see far larger things in the final game.

I smile every time I see that video.

Who do you suppose that kid is? My bet is either

a) An older Ico

b) Ico's son

c) a young Wander.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Happeh?

makingmusic476 said:
Happeh?

It's kind of plain, but it'll do

Around the Network

Better than yours, where I can't see shit.

I kid, I kid.

makingmusic476 said:

Better than yours, where I can't see shit.

I kid, I kid.

How did you get it out of that hideous widescreen format?

Cropping? I'll try.

I save the image in MS Paint, copy the section I want, paste it in GIMP, scale it down with GIMP's awesome scaler, then save it in JPG at 100% detail.

Edit:

And now, I sleep.

There, MUCH better!

I touched it up a bit, too.

I agree, it does look much better.

How'd you touch it up?