By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - first video of trico

Oh - My - God! Fumito Ueda is the Miyazaki of video game, a true artist and visionary, the small glimpse of trico was enough to get me super excited! The attention to detail and the level off non-verbal communication that gets protrayed in those simple clip boggles the mind!

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
RPG said:
Akvod said:
RPG said:

It is a very old trailer made by Team ICO so the game will have progressed since then. Hmm DirtyP2002 is not impressed........ah well not like he can play the game in his microwave.

I don't mean to go off on one but what the hell;
Fuck is so many people excited about Alan Wake? ray ray remedy and all but a horror film writer has his book come to life? How sad. :( BTW no I no longer own a 360 but do have a gaming rig, ;)

I would also need to know where you have seen rats which look like that.

Is it going to be a FPS with a flashlight as your weapon?

I already know what will happen. Little Alan will realise that a certain book in which he writes in becomes reality and then at the end when a huge monster comes he will write in his book "The meany giant monster got sick and transformed into a flying rat aka a Pigeon and Alan shot it in the face."

Just watch it is going to be something absolutely retarded.

Why are you so angry all of a sudden? I just said, it might not be my type of game?! I hope you will have hours of fun with it and I even hope it sells well, because this industry needs good selling games more than ever.

And why do you compare this to Alan Wake? The trailers we have seen from Alan Wake made me interested. It should be a very story driven game. A mix between a shooter and a horror/survival-game. I am looking forward to it.

You see, we both have games we can't wait for. So relax and just let me have my opinion.

Angry? Over a game? Hardly and to say the least I am not a fan of the Team ICO games so my anticipation for this game is hardly anything to behold. You have Alan Wake in your sig and could not help but think why people are hyping up that game. Game looks rubbish for one which has been hyped to be a graphical marvel and also the premise of the game is pretty darn terrible.

Enjoy Alan Wake and continue to say it's a giant rat in the TRICO trailer but does not change what I think about Alan Wake or what a rat looks like.

That's it! I'm gonna go play ICO now!

at first I was wondering what to think :

Ico castle + SotC creature

then I understand that the gameplay will be a mix between the 2 because your ally will be 1 of these creature ...

very very interesting and beautifull ...

Time to Work !

DirtyP2002 said:
RPG said:
Akvod said:
RPG said:

It is a very old trailer made by Team ICO so the game will have progressed since then. Hmm DirtyP2002 is not impressed........ah well not like he can play the game in his microwave.

I don't mean to go off on one but what the hell;
Fuck is so many people excited about Alan Wake? ray ray remedy and all but a horror film writer has his book come to life? How sad. :( BTW no I no longer own a 360 but do have a gaming rig, ;)

I would also need to know where you have seen rats which look like that.

Is it going to be a FPS with a flashlight as your weapon?

I already know what will happen. Little Alan will realise that a certain book in which he writes in becomes reality and then at the end when a huge monster comes he will write in his book "The meany giant monster got sick and transformed into a flying rat aka a Pigeon and Alan shot it in the face."

Just watch it is going to be something absolutely retarded.

Why are you so angry all of a sudden? I just said, it might not be my type of game?! I hope you will have hours of fun with it and I even hope it sells well, because this industry needs good selling games more than ever.

And why do you compare this to Alan Wake? The trailers we have seen from Alan Wake made me interested. It should be a very story driven game. A mix between a shooter and a horror/survival-game. I am looking forward to it.

You see, we both have games we can't wait for. So relax and just let me have my opinion.

Why're you getting mad all of a sudden? We're just speculating on whether or not Alan Wake might or might not be the fun game you think it'll be, between the two of us, not three. So please, don't interupt our dialouge. So you relax, and let us have our opinions. Anyway, RPG, I think Alan Wake could have some potential, but there's way too little to go by. I'm assuming that they're going to make a big deal about the batteries of the flash light, and using it sparingly, along with the flow of day and night (You don't want to be caught outside in the middle of the night, and at least find a diner or something). But, IDK, I feel like I already played/heard about a similar game where enemies can't go into the light... maybe I'm just remembering the movie I Am Legend?

As for Trico, I'm itching to actually play one of the games by these guys (Skipped out on both Ico and SotC). I'll love to play a surreal platforming game, that doesn't have the fantasy found in Final Fantasy (Anime, JRPG), or Elder Scrolls (WRPG, Tolkein), but I guess as someone described it like a Miyazaki film.

Around the Network

Just a few plugs for past Team Ico games, for those uninitiated in their awesome worlds:

From Wikipedia:

Several game designers, such as Eiji Aonuma, Hideo Kojima, and Jordan Mechner, have cited Ico as having influenced the visual appearance of their games, including The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, respectively. Marc Laidlaw, scriptwriter for the Half-Life series, commented that, among several other more memorable moments in the game, the point where Yorda attempts to save Ico from falling off the damaged bridge was "a significant event not only for that game, but for the art of game design". Movie director Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth) has cited both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus as "masterpieces" and part of his directorial influence.

Now, if you've got a designer of Twilight Princess and Hideo Kojima saying someone's been an influence on them (and they're still in their twenties/early thirties as I assume Ueda is) THAT is probably someone to watch.

Just sayin' :)

Now that was epic. I love the feel of it. That's why I love Sony... for these types of games :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

cool, shawdow of collasous was tight game, never played ico my self but plan to. i guess this game is only possible on the ps3? would like to see more.

Dont know what to say, cant say im really excited never played Ico or Sotc hopefully they will show something new on E3.

Torillian said:
TWRoO said:

This is early in development right? Because none of that really looked up to par with even launch PS3 games.

Oh, and it looks a bit like a huge griffin to me... or at least something similar to a griffin, perhaps a griffin/fox cross

Honestly, it could release just as it is in the video and I would be perfectly happy.  SotC pushed visuals, but that isn't at all what makes Ico and SotC fantastic

Did they even notice the animations.. they were of Motion Picture quality.. And the scene felt alive ! it's so hard to animate things and really make them feel alive.. especially the enviroment !

Check out my game about moles ^