By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - first video of trico

DirtyP2002 said:

Am I the only one who is not impressed? It looks good, but not as you guys say. There is a big fat rat with feathers and a boy is riding it. The boy does not look good, the environment does. The rat is strange.

But as I stated before, it is NOT about the look of a game, it is about the style. That's what made me love Fable II. but so far, I am not hyped or anything. Let's wait for future videos.

The release might be holiday 2010, right? I doubt it will be out this year. Sony hype their games years before normally.

You have failed here. This video was a very early build to show to a very select few at E3. So, considering this it looks very good.

These guys seem to complete a game every 4 years and SONY has already hinted that it would be done within. 4 years would mean 2009.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
I agree, it does look much better.

How'd you touch it up?

With the magic of free Google software (Picasa)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Another thing, since Yoshida Shuhei has joined managment at SONY they have been much better at releasing info on new games in the pipeline. It seems they no longer hype games that are a long way off.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

Cannot wait to feed that dragon-dog and tickle his neck!

Oh how jaded we have become to complain that the graphics on this trailer are just soooooo lame and underwhelming...oh but it is a year old build.

If a CGI movie was released with that sort of graphical and physics quality it would be praised to the skies. The cat-bird's (definitely a cat's head with a beak) movement was as close to real life biomechanics as I have ever seen, and the subtle movements were fantastic. Honestly who gives a crap if the feathers look plastic if they all animate with natural looking movement.

I kinda like that the boy is animated in a flatter, less realistic way. Makes the creature seem real and the boy imaginary. Wonderful artistic style. I suppose the boy will get "better" treatment in the real thing, but I hope not too much.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Though the song is a placeholder, you can find it on youtube if you want to listen to it over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCIrgBTvCsE

Looks like a puzzle game and your mission is to feed your oversized rat like a modern day tamagotchi.

MAFKKA said:
Looks like a puzzle game and your mission is to feed your oversized rat like a modern day tamagotchi.

As long as it doesn't leave hershey kiss shaped steamers, I don't care.

Holy fuck, I have chills running down my spine...

IllegalPaladin said:
Though the song is a placeholder, you can find it on youtube if you want to listen to it over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCIrgBTvCsE

A placeholder? I liked it!

Even the original Nico trailer had in-game music (albeit one of the worst tracks)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective