By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - first video of trico

That was very moving for some reason (the music was incredible), I found the two previous Team Ico games astoundingly boring but I liked this trailer a lot!

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Speculation on gaf is that the beast is a mere baby, perhaps a baby griffin.

Speculation ? Ofcourse it is a baby, you can clearly tell by his looks and his behavior.

Perhaps it is a baby but I doubt you will the beast grows adult ...

by the way, a detail, I liked how the ground was destroyed when the beast was moving on it, I hope you can have this type of deformation in the game and I hope they do not disappear progressively ...

Time to Work !

Truly a great day for Playstation supporters.

Did anyone else find the music amazing?

The game looks extremely cool. Can't wait.

Around the Network

I think some are missing what Ueda is trying to accomplish with this "Project Trico" game. Firstly, the game has obvious influences from ICO as well as SOtC. Ueda said it would be more remanecent to ICO if I am not mistaken.

I Hypothesize on how the game will be....
-The little boy AND the RatBird(Yes, RAT, where are you people getting Cat/Dog from? look at the color of his Featherfur. look at his TAIL. A Cat and Rats ears are very similar in shape.) will both be main controllable characters. In Ico, we were introduced to supportive mechanics where you needed to guide your friends everymove. In Trico I think you will be able to duel control both in a sense. Maybe a way to swith between controlling the boy and the ratbird. I assume there will be some way of having the uncontrolled character follow you. As the ratbird, if you pick the kid up with your beak, the controls become one. Just as if the kid jumps on the ratbirds back, they become one. This would give some really unique control and gameplay routines.

-The Enemy: my geuss is that the enemy will not be large for the most part, but rather they will be humanesque. The fear of human nature can be a real nice balance to the ratbird's size. As you can see in the video, the creature is covered in arrows and spears piercing his body. Maybe humans are hunting it, or both of them. This could be the needed change to make the game stand out from the others.

-obviously Ueda want this to be a very heartheavy story. Just by watching this trailer.....and hearing that music it is tugging at my emotions in a way I cannot explain(its the pansy artist inside of me). This story WILL make us cry. Thats fine with me though, just as Shakespeare said "The only inspiring story, is a tragic one".

Yet most of this is purely my speculation on how the game will form.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I'ts such great news I thing my sig changed a bit!

Here's what I said in the news article thingy:

Shouldn't the kid have horns? I mean if it's set in the same universe as ICO/SotC then he should, I mean you can't go any farther back then SotC... Unless of course he's not one of Wander's descendant :\

Looks... not as good as the others, but of course I can't say much without seeing any gameplay. I'm not very exited as of right now, but we'll see.

Christhor said:
Here's what I said in the news article thingy:

Shouldn't the kid have horns? I mean if it's set in the same universe as ICO/SotC then he should, I mean you can't go any farther back then SotC... Unless of course he's not one of Wander's descendant :

Looks... not as good as the others, but of course I can't say much without seeing any gameplay. I'm not very exited as of right now, but we'll see.

YEAH !! Your absolutley right ! Because I remember after watching the SotC trailer and seeing horns on the main character was what made me get the game!    ...............[sarcasm

Looks like it will join ICO & SOTC in the halls of true classics. Might even seriously up the ante in the games as art stakes from the composition of that material.

Do want.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...