By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 1943 is coming out, the COD series better get ready for ownage.

This is the only game I know that has a chance of destroying the COD series.

-Flying Planes, riding in tanks and Jeeps.

-Multiple map spawn points.

-A larger list of classes

-New physics, including the ability to knock down trees.

OMG I cannot wait! COD is so overrated!

Around the Network

Hawt! I hope it does well, if only to give the HD consoles another sexcellent game to play. I used to love that game on PC, but never played it online for fear of being owned.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Hawt! I hope it does well, if only to give the HD consoles another sexcellent game to play. I used to love that game on PC, but never played it online for fear of being owned.

It's coming the 360 and PS3, so COD is finished. I'm calling it now. It might not outsell COD4 or 5, but it will be quality and alot of people will play it. The old Battlefield name will be restored via word of mouth.

It may give the WWII COD games some ownage, but I doubt it will be better than the modern warfare games. I am kinda biased though, I am just sick and tired of WWII shooters. There are just too many of them

I disagree. Battlefield isn't close to as strong the brand name Call of Duty is in the console market (I don't even play CoD, and infact loved Battlefield: Bad Company). MW2 will have the hype and attention that this game won't, perhaps only by hard core fans (who'll also be looking at MW2 as well).

There's nothing that grabs the attention of a casual player (KZ2 had its graphics, MAG will tout its huge player limit), you can call it a "gimmick" if you want (although I don't think that said "gimmicks" deserve a negative cononation).

I don't think people are that cheap to refuse to buy one of the biggest games in the gaming industry and go for the $15 alternative instead.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Squilliam said:

It's coming the 360 and PS3, so COD is finished. I'm calling it now. It might not outsell COD4 or 5, but it will be quality and alot of people will play it. The old Battlefield name will be restored via word of mouth.

I hope so! It should sell quite well methinks. Its unique enough and probably good enough to carve its own substantial niche just as Left 4 Dead has done. I predict it'll do better on Xbox Live for the simple reason that people can see what other people are playing so it gets the word out there.

Tease.

It wont beat CoD.

But it looks awesome!

This thread is delusional.

I'd be interested in a Battlefield 1942 for my PS3, but the simple thought of this game ''owning'' COD is just plain ridiculous.

BxN said:

I'd be interested in a Battlefield 1942 for my PS3, but the simple thought of this game ''owning'' COD is just plain ridiculous.

Name something the COD series does that Battlefield 1942 or Desert Combat didn't already set the standard for. Delusional my ass. You seem to be forgetful that I am not speaking if Bad Company.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
BxN said:

Name something the COD series does that Battlefield 1942 or Desert Combat didn't already set the standard for. Delusional my ass. You seem to be forgetful that I am not speaking if Bad Company.

No matter what new features and innovation this game will offer, it won't have 1/4 of Call of Duty's user base and sales. I can't call that an ''ownage''. It's like saying Killzone 2 owned Halo 3 because it has better graphics and features. And yes I am aware that 1942 and Bad Company are nothing alike.

edit:

Let's also not forget how the almost all COD games have been more critically and commercially acclaimed than any Battlefield 1942 game.