By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 1943 is coming out, the COD series better get ready for ownage.

KylieDog said:
rckrz6 said:
Jboy0990 said:
There ain't no way
Looks just like BF BC. Cod will pwn this

Yes, its running off the same engine as BC. It will only have multiplayer, being sold off of psn/xbox arcade i think it will sell very well for a reasonable price.  It will not be avaiable in store (Maybe a redeem ticket will be)

Actually for 1943 they upgraded the Frostbite engine.  They call the one used in 1943 Frostbite 1.5.  It has a bunch of improvements over Bad Company.  Bad Company 2 will go even further with Frostbite 2.0 and include full leveling of houses and micro destruction (so could for example just blast a small fist sized hole in a wall to snipe through).

There is -more- destruction in 1943 than in BFBC, I saw someone claim was only trees in 1943.  That is wrong.

Just need to throw out there that Bad Company is not the worst BF game, Modern Combat on PS2/Xbox is.

Look at these images of 1943 (which are several months old)

This is a $15/1200 MS points/£10 game.  Amazing. 

Also, there are 4 maps not 3 as someone posted, the 4th map is a community challenge and only unlocks when 43 million kills are made.

It won't outsell CoD, but trying to write this off is just stupid.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

This really is one game I CANNOT wait to play tomorrow! going to be fantastic, the videos I have seen makes you feel right in the middle of a huge war, the maps (islands) are huge too, loads to see and do although most your time should be used to KILL! woot!

It's also got amazing responses from most the gaming sites, nothing bad to say about it so far and most of them have been playing the beta on live so must be good, :)

And the price is fantastic, a game as huge as this with stunning graphics/playability for only £10 with the promise of more DLC if it sells as expected. most arcade games cost 800 points so 1200 points for this game is exceptional value in my books!

Around the Network

TC is a fool if he thinks this game will outsell or effect Call of Duty / Modern Warfare in anyway.

I'll be picking this up first thing tomorrow when it comes out but it won't scratch MW2. Mainly because its Multiplayer only, has only 2 game modes (one comes with 4th map which is unlocked after 43million community kills) and is a XBL/PSN title. 

It comes out 8th of july on XBL and 9th July on PSN.

1 day timed exclusive FTW lol...

kiefer23 said:

TC is a fool if he thinks this game will effect Call of Duty in anyway.

I'll be picking this up first thing tomorrow when it comes out but it won't scratch MW2. Mainly because its Multiplayer only, has only 2 gamemodes and is a XBL/PSN title.

It comes out 8th of july on XBL and 9th July on PS3.

1 day timed exclusive lmao.

24 hours of extra shooting! shame 360 owners can't play ps3 owners on the game, that would be EPIC!!!!

KylieDog said:
Strategyking92 said:
ssj12 said:
on console it wont destroy Call of Garbage, but on PC it will.

that's because on pc it's free!

No it isn't, when it releases on PC you will need pay for it.

I think he's thinking of Battlefield Heroes, a PC game which is going to be free. Either that or he means everyone on the PC is going to pirate it. Both interpretations work.

volrath50 said:
KylieDog said:
Strategyking92 said:
ssj12 said:
on console it wont destroy Call of Garbage, but on PC it will.

that's because on pc it's free!

No it isn't, when it releases on PC you will need pay for it.

I think he's thinking of Battlefield Heroes, a PC game which is going to be free. Either that or he means everyone on the PC is going to pirate it. Both interpretations work.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive