By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 1943 is coming out, the COD series better get ready for ownage.

Battlefield 2 and Bad Company are not the same game, sorry the way i wrote it is confusing

Around the Network

I find this funny. Battlefield series started before call of duty :p

I don't see either crushing eachother concidering how different they both are. ..
And concidering for how many games they've both "co-existed" without destroying eachother.

Check out my game about moles ^

Battlefield is leagues better than CoD.

1942 and BF2 are my favorite FPS games eva!

This will be ownage on my PC.

Battlefield offers a more complex and ultimately rewarding game if you have the time. In BF2 you had work at your rank and short of some sort of cheat (which they regularly punished for) you had to deserve the rank.

COD was simpler at its core and the ranks and perks were welcomed, I just wished they had instigated the BF2 ranking model onthe PC version (I believe it exists on the consoles).

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Vetteman94 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vetteman94 said:
It may give the WWII COD games some ownage, but I doubt it will be better than the modern warfare games. I am kinda biased though, I am just sick and tired of WWII shooters. There are just too many of them

I agree that there are too many WWII shooters, but COD4 was never any match for BF: Desert Combat.

Never played it,  wasnt into FPS games back then, and I even had the computer to play it.  Maybe if they make a modern warfare style console game I will look into it serously, but until then it will be MW2 and MAG for me. 

Let me just put it this way. You can do can be done in COD4 and beyond.

Around the Network

Lol @ owning COD.

Jboy0990 said:
There ain't no way
Looks just like BF BC. Cod will pwn this

Bad Company and1942 and Desert Combat are not the same type of game. 1942 and desert combat run the same, but are in different times, with different weapons and vehicles.

rckrz6 said:

It will sell very well but not outsell COD. Besides this is only going to be an Acade/PSN game. Its not being aimed to compete with COD

I never told anyone that the game would outsell COD. I stated that it would give it a run for its money (Translation: Be a good competitor).

welcome to 2002!

by the way, even if both are FPS, they are VERY different, and thank god, BF is second to none in its sub-genre (although I think ET:QW fans disagree :P). and unless they come up with a micro-transaction model or release a map editor (for PCs), I don't see a reason to get this one. you can buy 1942, 2 or 2142 for cheap and all of them are very complete, especially with Desert Combat and Project Reality. and if you NEED a console BF, my guess is that Bad Company is a more complete experience (I'm not saying it's the SAME)

and yes, I agree that it even the most shallow BF is better, but you know how auto-aim players are...

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Man, I remember the days of Battlefield 1942, where I'd have three friends flying and bombing our enemies, two tanks with two gunners, and multiple classes of people walking around. Anti air/ tank missiles blowing the **** out of enemy vehicles. Man...those were the days when I actually used to join clans. I haven't felt the need to join an actual team for anything since.