By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - YES!! Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

ratio wise capcom looked money in th face and spit at it... goin by those sales.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
Hisiru said:

actually I agree with all that  you said before, but I was showing that is possible to see better numbers for TvC in the West, and this shows one more point for Nintendo bring the game to us. I am also surprised to see SFIV selling so poorly in the Japan. I am sorry for my bad english, and sorry if I was not clear and it seemed that I was against what you said.

Don't worry about it: your English is perfectly understandable. Shoot, it's worlds better than my Portugese will ever be.

SFIV was hurt in Japan by the Arcade units I've read.

Hisiru said:
noname2200 said:

*Warning, minor b****ing ahead*

So Capcom can take the time and effort to negotiate with several license holders in multiple countries just to localize and release a game with pathetic Japanese sales, but Nintendo can't be fussed to release a game that it owns outright and which is the best-selling installment in its franchise in the only territory it's been released in?

F***ing a**holes...

*End b****ing.*

Edit: And apologies for going off-topic. I needed to get that off my chest.

is funny when you compare these japanese sales:

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=27320&region=All

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=16065&region=All

haha, can you imagine this second game only in the Japan? :X How "pathetic" would be?

Why are you showing the 360 sales for SFIV in Japan? Am I missing something, I haven't read the whole topic. On PS3 SFIV sold alright, or at least way better than the 360 version. And has sold better than TvC according to these numbers. http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=13112&region=All

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Vagabond thats not the point, this is about TvC potential sales in the west based on currently only abstract relative data. Not about the condition of SFIV's sales.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
Hisiru said:
noname2200 said:

*Warning, minor b****ing ahead*

So Capcom can take the time and effort to negotiate with several license holders in multiple countries just to localize and release a game with pathetic Japanese sales, but Nintendo can't be fussed to release a game that it owns outright and which is the best-selling installment in its franchise in the only territory it's been released in?

F***ing a**holes...

*End b****ing.*

Edit: And apologies for going off-topic. I needed to get that off my chest.

is funny when you compare these japanese sales:

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=27320&region=All

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=16065&region=All

haha, can you imagine this second game only in the Japan? :X How "pathetic" would be?

Why are you showing the 360 sales for SFIV in Japan? Am I missing something, I haven't read the whole topic. On PS3 SFIV sold alright, or at least way better than the 360 version. And has sold better than TvC according to these numbers. http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=13112&region=All

Is exactly what dib8rman said, and that there is no reason in keep certain games in the Japan.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Darc Requiem said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Darc Requiem said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Darc Requiem said:
First day purchase, my hate of Capcom's Wii efforts has officially been nullified.

Half the hate came from what a lot of you expected, rather than what they promised. In this case, they did promise to try to get the game over here, and they tried and succeeded.

No, it comes from Capcom's BS excuses and half hearted efforts.

Bull. You just don't believe their words, which does not make them untrue. And their games are not halfhearted just because you all think those games are far easier to make than they actually are.

Tell me how my assessment of Capcom's Wii games is "bull." They aren't half hearted because I think they are. They are half hearted because by in large they are ports or low budget games farmed out to less than stellar software houses. RE4 was a port. Okami a port handled by Ready at Dawn. Umbrella Chronicles limited scale title farmed out to Cavia. Darkside Chronicles farmed out to Cavia. Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop farmed out to Tose, one of the least regarded developers in the industry, and wedged on to the RE4 engine. The only original internally developed games Capcom had released on Wii was the low budget but well conceived Zack & Wiki and the until now Japan only Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Tell me my assessment of Capcom's efforts on Wii is less than accurate.

RE4 wasn't a direct port. Aside from the control, all PS2 assest were recoded to fit on the Wii, including upgrading the textures, and rewriting the engine for the Wii. So using the engine on other Wii games is not limiting them to GC scale.

Capcom said Okami was ASKED for by fans. That's why they ported it. You're calling on Capcom for giving fans what they asked for? As for Ready At Dawn, it's not as though Clover was still around to do it.

But if you mean the outsourcing, Capcom HAS to. Capcom does not have as many employees as other big developers. They simply don't have the manpower to make all those games in house. If they don't outsource some games, they don't get made.

And Tose does a lot more work than you think. They've done more ports than just about every developer in the business, including the original developers doing their own games. And they've done original games, including some of the Mario games.

As for CTYD being "wedged", why are you implying the engine did the wedging, and not being put on the Wii? Do you actually think another engine would somehow make it look better? The original game on the 360 has some of the lowest texture resolution and polygon count of any HD game. Being consitent with that, and the art direction of the game, it's because the Wii is more powerful than the GC that the texture resolution is about the same as on RE4. If CTYD was on the GC, the graphics would be barely better than GTA.

So are you actually arguing that Capcom's Wii support is on the same level is their 360 support? It isn't. As for CTYD, the RE4 engine is a Gamecube engine. That shows little if any optimization for the Wii hardware. Particularly the change in memory structure. The Gamecube's 16MB of PC100 Auxuliary RAM was too slow to be useful in most cases, on the Wii it has 64MB of DDR3 RAM instead. As a Capcom fan and multiplatform owner I've seen first hand the difference in quality.

"So are you actually arguing that Capcom's Wii support is on the same level is their 360 support?"

No, I am not. That's putting words in my mouth.

"As for CTYD, the RE4 engine is a Gamecube engine."

Wrong. The engine was changed for RE4 Wii edition, which means the engine wasn't limiting CTYD.

"The Gamecube's 16MB of PC100 Auxuliary RAM was too slow to be useful in most cases, on the Wii it has 64MB of DDR3 RAM instead."

I know all about that. Those 16MB were for either sound memory or as a massive disc buffer, which facilitated the fast loading times (the Krauser fight in RE4 could switch between success and fail scenes so fast because both were loaded in that RAM chip at once, while the PS2 version had to rely on streaming FMVs to get the same effect). The Wii uses conventional GDD3 so that the RAM can be for sound, a disc buffer, and increased memory (although with the same amount of sound and loading, it's more likely to be 48MB instead, but that's still a lot).

And CTYD does take advantage of the increased tertiary RAM. I'm going to prove it in another thread.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

^^^Even though you guys are arguing, the tech you are mentioning being put into these games is interesting. The Wii has 4x the RAM of the GC?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
^^^Even though you guys are arguing, the tech you are mentioning being put into these games is interesting. The Wii has 4x the RAM of the GC?

From wikipedia:

Wii - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Technical_specifications:

Gamecube - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_GameCube#Technical_specifications:

• 43 MB total non-unified RAM
  • 24 MB MoSys 1T-SRAM (codenamed "Splash") main system RAM. 324 MHz, 64-bit bus. 2.7 GB/s bandwidth.[8]
  • 3 MB embedded 1T-SRAM within "Flipper"".[9]
    • 10.4 GB/s texture bandwidth (peak). 7.6 GB/s framebuffer bandwidth (peak). ~6.2 ns latency.[8]
  • 16 MB DRAM used as buffer for DVD drive and audio. 81 MHz, 8-bit bus. 81 MB/s bandwidth.[8]