By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sweet. Vagabond is now a proud owner of a DS lite.

Phoenix Wright's trilogy, in my opinion, is THE BEST for Ds, i love those games, if you want a great story or a "comic on ds" (like I'll describe that) it's perfect for you!
I like also New Super Mario Bros, GTA Chinatown Wars and Space Invaders Extreme...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network

Oh yeah, good call Buzzi (and welcome to VGChartz, your new prison).

If you like any Grand Theft Auto, you'll love Chinatown Wars, unless you think GTA4 was the greatest GTA ever and the greatest game ever and had Oscar-worthy dialogue and was what the series aspired to be. Chinatown Wars is the perfect cross between GTA1 and GTA: Vice City, but with several touchscreen-exclusive features that are used very well. Fun missions, fun minigames, fun exploration and secrets. It has everything GTA is supposed to have, and done right.

If you don't like any GTA games, don't worry about it. The DS covers every genre ever and then some.

I'll even recommend Super Mario 64 DS if you liked the original. It adds several new features, including new characters (with new unique moves), new levels, new bosses, and even new stars added to the original levels. And it has tons of great minigames made for the stylus.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Oh yeah, good call Buzzi (and welcome to VGChartz, your new prison).

If you like any Grand Theft Auto, you'll love Chinatown Wars, unless you think GTA4 was the greatest GTA ever and the greatest game ever and had Oscar-worthy dialogue and was what the series aspired to be. Chinatown Wars is the perfect cross between GTA1 and GTA: Vice City, but with several touchscreen-exclusive features that are used very well. Fun missions, fun minigames, fun exploration and secrets. It has everything GTA is supposed to have, and done right.

If you don't like any GTA games, don't worry about it. The DS covers every genre ever and then some.

I'll even recommend Super Mario 64 DS if you liked the original. It adds several new features, including new characters (with new unique moves), new levels, new bosses, and even new stars added to the original levels. And it has tons of great minigames made for the stylus.

I really can't stand GTA so I will probably skip chinatown wars. That's VERY interesting about Super Mario 64 DS though. SM64 is one of my all time favorites, so getting added content for it may actually be worth it for me. I had intended to skip it figuring they just added new skins, and while finally getting to play as Luigi after years of rumors in the original seemed somewhat enticing, not enough so to warrant a purchase. But for new levels, new stars, and legitimately new characters. I'd hit that. Also, I'm glad somebody mentioned retrogame challenge. I had forgotten about that, and I am all over that shit.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Drain on your wallet? Nonsense! Buy an R4 ($15-$20 if you look in the right places), a 2GB microSD card ($10), and download ROMS to pirate the games!

:mellowface:

No, I kid. Although that IS a great way to preview games to see if you want to buy them... if you have the self-control to still buy them if you enjoy them. And it makes it easier for me to NOT have to worry about misplacing my cartridges (like the copy of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass my in-laws bought me for Christmas '07 and I promptly lost =| Thanks to my R4, I still got to play it ^_^).

I do NOT recommend using it to avoid buying games, and I despise those that use it for that. Every game I've pirated on mine, I've either bought or begun work on buying (Meteos, here's looking at YOU).

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
Drain on your wallet? Nonsense! Buy an R4 ($15-$20 if you look in the right places), a 2GB microSD card ($10), and download ROMS to pirate the games!

No, I kid. Although that IS a great way to preview games to see if you want to buy them... if you have the self-control to still buy them if you enjoy them.

I'd rather not go down that road.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:

No, I kid. Although that IS a great way to preview games to see if you want to buy them... if you have the self-control to still buy them if you enjoy them. And it makes it easier for me to NOT have to worry about misplacing my cartridges (like the copy of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass my in-laws bought me for Christmas '07 and I promptly lost =| Thanks to my R4, I still got to play it ^_^).

I do NOT recommend using it to avoid buying games, and I despise those that use it for that. Every game I've pirated on mine, I've either bought or begun work on buying (Meteos, here's looking at YOU).

I use my M3-Simply for import games. If they don't make it possible by regular price, then ther is no legal way for me to buy it, so I just don't care at that point. Also, I do get sick of carrrying cartridges around, so I do use it as an actual backup... Also, I use it to hack games for fun ^_^. In addition, I use it to make 2 cartridges of a game so I can play multi-player without having to buy the game twice... Lastly, the one guilty thing I will admit to is downloading the yearly update of madden, or a game that has been ported over far too many times for me to feel bad about it (ex: Tetris) Tools that should have come with the DS (ex: Internet Browser)

Of course. Although, like I said, I pretty much only use it for backing up games that I already own. Every game I've got listed in my profile as me owning, I actually DO own.

As for games I recommend:

-Any of the PKMN RPGs
-Any of the Ace Attorney titles
-Tetris DS
-Meteos
-Mario Kart DS (AMAZINGLY high replayability)
-Retro Game Challenge
-Dragon Quest IV
-Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
-Final Fantasy III
-Final Fantasy IV
-Rhythm Heaven
-Chrono Trigger DS
-New Super Mario Bros.

I do NOT recommend Super Mario 64 DS. While it has lots of new content - and rather nice content - the D-pad control doesn't work well, in my opinion, ESPECIALLY since you've gotta press a button to run. That game NEEDS an analog stick.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:

don't recommend flashcards, please, don't help the piracy.... if you use a flashcard, keep it for yourself

^^^ I found the D-Pad Controls worked quite well, as a NES/Genesis/PC gamer from the start... Also, the original nub on the strap made the touch screen be used as a analog stick :P

Hisiru said:
thetonestarr said:

I do NOT recommend using it to avoid buying games, and I despise those that use it for that. Every game I've "pirated" on mine, I've either bought or begun work on buying (Meteos, here's looking at YOU).

don't recommend flashcards, please, don't help the piracy.... if you use a flashcard, keep it for yourself

See, that's the problem. Hundreds of thousands of the flashcard users AREN'T pirates and DON'T use it for piracy, and it offends us when people automatically assume that's the only use for it.

Don't be so closed-minded and assume that's the only use of a flashcard. There are tons of reasons to have a flashcard, and piracy is only one of them.

SW-5120-1900-6153