By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sweet. Vagabond is now a proud owner of a DS lite.

and @ L.C.E.C. -

Yeah, I've noticed some people have. I think the only way you could like it, though, is if you weren't that familiar with the original, and hadn't played through it ten or fifteen times, like myself. The variance in control just doesn't work for me and the way I play.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
Hisiru said:
thetonestarr said:

Drain on your wallet? Nonsense! Buy an R4 ($15-$20 if you look in the right places), a 2GB microSD card ($10), and download ROMS to pirate the games!

:mellowface:

No, I kid. Although that IS a great way to preview games to see if you want to buy them... if you have the self-control to still buy them if you enjoy them. And it makes it easier for me to NOT have to worry about misplacing my cartridges (like the copy of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass my in-laws bought me for Christmas '07 and I promptly lost =| Thanks to my R4, I still got to play it ^_^).

I do NOT recommend using it to avoid buying games, and I despise those that use it for that. Every game I've "pirated" on mine, I've either bought or begun work on buying (Meteos, here's looking at YOU).

don't recommend flashcards, please, don't help the piracy.... if you use a flashcard, keep it for yourself

See, that's the problem. Hundreds of thousands of the flashcard users AREN'T pirates and DON'T use it for piracy, and it offends us when people automatically assume that's the only use for it.

Don't be so closed-minded and assume that's the only use of a flashcard. There are tons of reasons to have a flashcard, and piracy is only one of them.

If you DON'T pay for the game, download the game and play, is  a crime (light or heavy, crime is crime, and in this case you are accomplice), you downloaded a commercial game that you have to pay for play. You are wrong even if you will use the flashcard only for reviews and tests . I said to not recommend because it helps the piracy, I am not questioning the way that you uses flashcards.

Wrong. It's only illegal to distribute. It's 100% legal to obtain.

The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000."

Thus said, the only catch is whether or not you are supporting the developers by actually buying it. And that doesn't happen if you buy it used, so ultimately, downloading it is basically the exact same thing as buying used, except you save money while doing it.

If you're going to try pulling the "ethics" card, at least know what you're talking about. I wasn't going to mention that it's legal, but since you had to go and call me a criminal...

SW-5120-1900-6153