By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo cut the price of the Wii this holiday season?

Although the Wii is still kicking PS360 ass, sales are at a level now where the could be described as "less amazing".  Is the Wii losing enough steam that Nintendo looks at a price cut going into the holidays?  If Sony does cut to $299 and MS makes a pricing move as well, the Wii, IMHO, will be forced to make a move...

How big was the first Gamecube drop in terms of U.S. $?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Depends on how well WM+ and WSR do.

If they dont do THAT good, then expect a pricecut.

Just introduce a black wii and sales shoot through the roof again.

They SHOULD.........but I think Nintendo are gonna be assholes and not do it.

Someones gonna say theyre not assholes and smart because theyre still making a ton of money and Im just some random guy on a forum. =P

Valkyria00 said:

Someones gonna say theyre not assholes and smart because theyre still making a ton of money and Im just some random guy on a forum. =P

Your just some random guy on a forum... what do you know!

(couldnt resist... sorry )

Around the Network

In Japan, yes.

In US/Europe, not if they keep outselling the PS3/360 combined.

Carl2291 said:
Valkyria00 said:

Your just some random guy on a forum... what do you know!

(couldnt resist... sorry )

I thought it was gonna be twesterm

Well a $279.99 Wii (Canadian price) still manages to greatly outsell a $199.99 Xbox 360 Arcade, so unless the roles become reversed or PS3 starts outselling the Wii, then I don't see the Wii's price being cut anytime soon.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

I don't think there will be any price cuts this year. Wii is selling great, 360 is in a good place, and Sony can't afford to do anything.

Why the hell should they?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints