By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo cut the price of the Wii this holiday season?

Pyramid Head said:
not just yet

and probobly not for a while

your dealer wont lower the price of cocaine either

I get discounts sometimes...

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network

I still do not see WSR or WM+ selling wiis. I see them selling but I dont see them pushing hardware sales. WSR will probably sell higher than Wii Music but its not gonna sell more hardware.

A new color and $50 price cut would be massive.

A new Wii color or colors (jet black?) are coming for Monster Hunter Tri (3) launch in Japan. I would virtually gauruntee that. 

There may be a misconception about WSR ... it doesn't have to sell Wiis on its own. It just has to get the momenteum back up. 

The way the Wii sells really is word of mouth. People come over to their friend/family members house. They play Wii Sports/Fit whatever, have a blast and want their own Wii. 

There's no reason why Wii Sports Resort can't elicit a similar response. In fact I will say now because of the more accurate motion sensing, I think WSR is going to be better game than the first Wii Sports. 

Also I think Wii Fit Plus (Wii Fit 2) is coming this year in Japan anyway. 

Maybe next year they will have a price cut. For this christmas they could bring out colors or some pack-ins, extra wii mote, sd card or even wii points. Nintendo has alot of gimmics they can use before they do a price cut.

Wii on Amazon UK is £165, which translates to $250, the same price as Amazon USA.

Around the Network

Nintendo just announced their projections for the year and there is no way they'll hit close to 26 million wiis without one, i'd expect the cut at e3

Like others said in Japan it is possible, however there is a lot that can be done before that in order for Ninty to increase sales. The simplies one (what competition is doing) is start bundling with big software like MH III, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit etc. etc.

Then there is colours which would have big impact, and if all that combined with M+ reaches its potential they will slash the price, 2010? i think so

as has been said only if they need to and they will make the 26 million sales target.

Price cut will come if sales target in danger and only then.

nintendo will not cut price just for market share increase maybe to hold market share though.

id say that the fact they predict sales to be relatively flat YoY shows that they plan not to do any sort of price cut. software is always more prefrable than a price cut i expect thats the way nintendo will go. how much is wii down YoY so far?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I think they are more interested in making profit, than in sustaining the "Nintendomination".

Also, a price cut wouldn't help that much, because they aren't directly competiting against the HD consoles. Those who did not consider buying it until now, are either so "hardcore", that they hate it for the "waggling", and "kiddie" games, and wouldn't buy it just because it is cheaper, OR those non-gamers who weren't interested in Wii Sports and Wii Fit either, so they will only buy it if there will be new software for them.