By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo cut the price of the Wii this holiday season?

I don't see a price cut for the wii until holiday season 2010

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

Around the Network
Naum said:
Why the hell should they?

Perhaps because they are being outsold in Japan and they'd like to return to the top in that country?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

A price cut works if a high price was the problem, they need more games; a better variety of higher quality games will get them back up.

The 360's price cut last year helped them beat Sony because it gave them an advantage over a largely similar competitor, people planning to buy the PS3 reconsidered and bought a 360 instead; but it did little to Nintendo as people buying the Wii never considered the 360 as a viable alternative.

Veder Juda is hand crafted from EPIC FAIL, and is a 96% certified Looney; the other 4% is a work in progress.

^
You would be surprised what a price cut could do.

I think they should announce a price cut and steal the show at E3!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

If they feel like they are in danger of missing their 26 million Wii shipment targets for the fiscal year ... sure why not. That would be a simple solution that would cause sales to skyrocket. 

$50 price cut for the Wii is looooooooooooooooooong overdue anyway.

The Wii library is getting a lot better in the next months anyway, people need to stop complain. Go buy Excitebots. It's a friggin' fantastic game and a lot of fun. Go pick up Punch-Out!, it's also going to be great. MadWorld is out there. Little King Story is coming. So is The Conduit. So it Tiger Woods 10 and Grand Slam Tennis with Wii Motion Plus. Boom Blox Party. Klonoa is out now and is terrific. Monster Hunter 3 and Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers are coming this year. 

And I bet you will see a new Mario, Donkey Kong, or Zelda at E3. The library, much like the DS library is kicking into high gear mid-generation.

Introduce 2 new colors around Christmas and Wii's will sell into the millions those 2 months.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

I doubt it. Nintendo's going for maximum profit, here, not so much maximum marketshare.

jadakiss1217 said:

I don't see a price cut for the wii until holiday season 2010

I agree. Nintendo can do a lot of thing before a price cut. E3 could show some new wii colors. Resort + motion plus + colored wii = salesbooooom. That alone could push their sales high up for the holiday season of 2009.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

not just yet

and probobly not for a while

your dealer wont lower the price of cocaine either

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889