By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
libellule said:
sorry but

GT >>>> PGR

Everybody know GT in europe.
Nobody know PGR, has nobody bought the Xbox.
GT gameplay is more realistic and car modelisation is better.
PGR get better environnement but who care in a racing game ?

I dont say GT will own everything
I just say that Forzza3 is needed to kill GT5, not an arcade game like PGR

Even more, I dont think you can play 16 cars / race in PGR4 ...

GT5pro will only be 30 euros BR, and 28 euros in PSN (converted from japan price) ...compared to the 70 euros of PGR4)
http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000061214/

You forgot about Forza Motorsport.

Around the Network

You forgot Test Drive and Flat Out UC. GT is not out and won't be out for a long time. GT: Prologue is not a full game so .... Anyway, back on topic ... I was in the same boat back in April when I finally got bore with Wii. I was looking at both PS3 and 360. I read all the websites, review, compare all the stat, prices etc., then I went to local game stores and take one look at the gaming wall for 360 and compare that to PS3 my mind was made up at that point. I want the system that I can enjoy now, not 6 months from now, or next year. I have 360 for about 5 months and have yet to have a single problem with it. I enjoy every mininute of gaming on it. If I have gotten the PS3 I would still be waiting for GT , FF etc., with 360, I already played Dirt , finish Bioshock, Forza , PGR3 and looking forward to Halo 3, PGR4 and Mass Effect in next month or two. Not to mention currently playing with Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata and Stranglehold. There is just no comparison ... if you love gaming, 360 is probably the best system to get now. Only bad thing since I got the 360 is the poor Wii is left untouch unless we have people over.

Howdy folks,

You CAN tell if you've got an improved 360 by looking at the box. In fine print it does list the motherboard code word: Zepher is improved and Falcon is the 65nm chips. Either one is good.

Details: http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EElyZEZFFAYCVzSDpq.php

As to games, I'm not sure how anyone can look at the current titles available for the PS3 and 360 and rationally conclude that the PS3 has a better list. Maybe someday, but not today.

I mentionned Forzza3 may be better than GT5,
but Forza is not even announced for the moment ...

Forzza is too far in term of visual and will look old for the news customers this Xmas.

GT5pro is not a full game but it isn't full priced ...

Time to Work !

phil said:
Darc Requiem said:

I have owned every Nintendo system except the Virtual Boy. MS has the best lineup hands down. So I could be labeled a Nintendo fanboy. Anyone saying different is just biased. Mrstickball is right. The only way I can see someone disliking the 360 lineup is if they are into platformers. If you like RPGs, the Wii and PS3 have zilch as of right now. Sports games run the best on the 360. Shooters, there are more quality titles on 360. Racing games, the 360 wins again. Honestly the strongest part of the PS3's 2007 lineup are either shooters or racing games. Both of which are better on 360.

The Wii's lineup is always brought up by PS3 fans like some sort of defense shield. Wii owners didn't pay $500 to $600 for their system. Not only that, the very same Sony fans that denigrate the Wii lineup were choosing the PS2 over the Dreamcast which had the better software lineup. You can't have it both ways. Just say you like Sony as a company more than Nintendo or MS. Don't try to say its about the games because its not.

EDIT: Kber81, bring up multiplatform games does not help the PS3. As its been stated, you can get a 360 with those titles for much cheapr than you could a PS3. It Sony's biggest weakeness. Both MS and Nintendo draw their brand loyalty from the fandom of wholely owned IPs. A great deal of Sony's fans are fans of third party properties.

Sorry, but hat's not entirely true. I chose Dreamcast over PS2 originally, and it's software lineup was, for me, rather weak. The only things it really had going for it were games like Jet Grind Radio. In fact, aside from that, I can't think of much from DC that I myself liked aside from that. The DC was also absolute garbage when it came to RPGs and disappointing overall. If I had to go back in time, I would probably stick with that decision because, despite it's ugly design, it struck me as the best machine of the generation.

Another thing you're neglecting for some of us is that crappy hardware is absolutely unacceptable. I don't know if this is the case with everyone else, but it certainly is for me.

For the first line I highlighted: 

That may be the case for you, but thats not the case in general. I prefered the Saturn to both the N64 and PS1. Didn't it have a better lineup than either of those systems for the general gaming populace? No, but I personally enjoyed games like Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon 1 & 2, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Burning Rangers, Shining in the Holy Ark, Dragon Force, X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (import), Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter, Vampire Savioer, etc. more than I enjoyed most PS1 and N64 offerings. I enjoyed my Gamecube and X-box more than I enjoyed my PS2 (while it was funtional). That said for most gamers the PS2 had a better software library by the time those two consoles hit the market. 

For the second highlighted package:

Yes that was the case with the NES, PS1, and PS2. Neither of those consoles were the most reliable. Yet all of those consoles where able to overcome that because of the games they offered. If it weren't for the 360 warranty situation, I wouldn't be supporting it. My PS2 went crapola and Sony's service was hardly as good.  They had to get to sued to acknowledge fault with the system and you still had to pay shipping costs to get your console repaired. Don't get me started on the repair time. You think the 360 situation is bad now, how quickly people forget.

Around the Network

I admit, I forgot a few PS3 games, simply because I don't know the lineup.

But either way, you got......From what I gather:

GT5 Prologue (but not an actual full game)
Ratchet & Clank
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Eye of Judgement

Vs.
Halo 3
PGR4
Mass Effect
Lost Odyssey

For the top-4 tier games.

Also, lib, you must not know your Xbox history about "no one knows about PGR"....That's an incredibly mis-informed statement.

The fact is, the PGR series is MORE POPULAR than the Forza series. Every PGR has been a million seller. PGR1 was the Xbox's most popular racer, selling well over 2m copies.

Don't get me wrong, GT is a far more popular series vs. PGR, but to say no one knows of PGR is just stupid.

Also, how the heck will FM2 be "outdated" this Christmas? Have you even played the freaking game? It has some of the nicest visuals for racing games out there, and looks far better than EA's Pro Street.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

crashes with the pseye, how does that work?

NES not the most reliable? I haven't met anyone who has a broken NES that didn't involve someone hitting it with like a bat or something.

I know a guy who would get so mad at tecmo superbowl he'd throw his NES and the thing still worked.

Just ignoring all this chatter and getting to the heart of your question...

If you pick up a 360, here's the must-buys so far.

1. Battery charge kit -- Extremely cheap and will save you tons of money. I prefer it over the Play and Charge Kit because with two batteries, you never have to bother with wires.

2. Bioshock

3. Gears of War

4. Oblivion Game of the Year Edition -- If you're not concerned with the downloadable content, the original Oblivion is only $29.99 as a Platinum Hit now.

5. Viva Pinata -- This is sort of a niche game. If you ever liked Sim City, you'll love this. If you don't, skip it.

6. Dead Rising -- Another cheapie at $29.99, but incredibly fun. Can be played over and over again.

7. Castlevania Symphony of the Night -- XBOX LIVE ARCADE

8. Eternal Sonata -- If you're into RPGs, this one is really top-shelf.

9. Forza 2 for racing... or wait until Oct. 2 and pick up PG4, which also looks spectacular.

10. Alien Hominid HD -- XBOX LIVE ARCADE

11. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved -- XBOX LIVE ARCADE

Lots of others, but those are my personal picks.

For things to look forward to between now and Christmas, here's your list:

1. Mass Effect

2. Halo 3

3. Assassin's Creed

4. PGR4

5. Call of Duty 4

6. Beautiful Katamari

7. The Orange Box

8. Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

9. Guitar Hero III

10. Rock Band

11. Virtua Fighter 5 (with Online Play)

12. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

13. Kane and Lynch: Dead Men

14. FIFA 08

Lots of other good stuff depending on your genre of choice. Check release dates. And Lost Odyssey, Left 4 Dead (4 player co-op zombie extermination), and Devil May Cry 4 are all coming out within 2 months of the new year.

Pick up the XBOX 360 with the HDMI (it mentions this on the box) and you'll be good to go with the new heatsink. Have fun!

MontanaHatchet said:
Leo-J, I'm glad to see you defending Team Sony once more. But, NintendoTogepi is my friend, and as such, I shall support his warped and untrue opinions...

Just kidding!

Buy a warranty if you're so worried. Frankly, your views on the PS3 are a little misguided (I could name at least 5 AAA), but if you want to buy the 360, go for it. I'm enjoying Bioshock, and have no interest in Halo 3.
Hey, I like the PS3, I really do, I just don't know if it has enough games

Anyway guys, I think I might just wait till 2008 to get a 360. I'm still having fun with my PS2, DS, and Wii and I might as well wait for a possible price drop and for all of the kinks to be worked out.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker