By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
omgwtfbbq said:
dude everyone shup up about the games. This guy clearly likes the Xbox360 games. Metascore be damned, this is about one person's decision to buy an Xbox360. So stop trying to convince him to buy a different console. He wants one console because he likes the games, is it really that hard to understand?

Noone is trying to convince him to buy a different console... sure it's all about games. 

Around the Network
Galaki said:
libellule said:

MGS4/FFXIII

==> PS3 more expensive but at least it doesn't break, online is free, and it is a playstation.

as a bonus, you also get a job getting a ps3.

(people need to stop listing unreleased games... really) 

why? knowing, without a doubt, that i would be playing MGS4 and FFXIII eventually were main driving forces when i got my PS3 in january. plus i must be one of the few that said "hey whenever i'm not playing HD games i might watch a couple HD movies!"

kber81 said:

^^ I would add also GRAW2 and Dirt to this list.

Edit: ... but it depends what does the AAA title means for you.

Dirt and GRAW2 can be considered Xbox 360 too.

W29 said:
kber81 said:

So does Oblivion and VF5. Why you've pointed this?

libellule said:
only 2 AAA games on the Xbox360 side :

Bioshock/mass Effect

on the PS3 side :

MGS4/FFXIII

==> PS3 more expensive but at least it doesn't break, online is free, and it is a playstation.

Definition of brand loyalty.  Stating something's name isn't really a justification for buying something.

"You should buy a box of 30 used baby diapers, it IS a box of used baby diapers after all!"

On a side note, its a little strange in the market at the moment (for PS3 and 360 any way,) with sony constantly hinting at new versions, and 360 having terrible reliability on old hardware, but no way to differentiate.  Either way you might be fine or you might get screwed.

Also, Holiday season buying ferver is barking at the door so supplies of all the consoles will start decreasing significantly over the next months, so if you wait, you might have to wait a while, if you get unlucky.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network
kber81 said:
mrstickball said:
Sigh.

The X360 has had the more reliable systems out since May, with the 2nd heatsink. Now, there's probably a 40% chance you get a Falcon with the 65nm extras.

Lets not argue, the X360 has the vastly superior games in every catagory, in every way. Only a biased, dumb, Sony fanboy would try to argue, using the scant few games the PS3 has over the dozens of AAA titles the X360 has.

MGS4 might be X360, so why use it?

How about biased, dumb Nintendo fanboys? PS3 has much more high rated games than Wii...

@ Nintendo Togepi

X360 is a great machine if you like current and upcoming line-up more you can't go wrong. Get it and welcome in HD gaming community.

@omgwtfbbq 

kber81 never told him to buy a PS3 or a Wii. Neither did I; I just contradicted him for the quality of Wii vs PS3 games. Relax, dude.

kber81 said:
W29 said:
kber81 said:

So does Oblivion and VF5. Why you've pointed this?

The 360 is cheaper to buy, considering its $280, $350, and $450/

W29 said:

The 360 is cheaper to buy, considering its $280, $350, and $450/

It's nice.

I have owned every Nintendo system except the Virtual Boy. MS has the best lineup hands down. So I could be labeled a Nintendo fanboy. Anyone saying different is just biased. Mrstickball is right. The only way I can see someone disliking the 360 lineup is if they are into platformers. If you like RPGs, the Wii and PS3 have zilch as of right now. Sports games run the best on the 360. Shooters, there are more quality titles on 360. Racing games, the 360 wins again. Honestly the strongest part of the PS3's 2007 lineup are either shooters or racing games. Both of which are better on 360.

The Wii's lineup is always brought up by PS3 fans like some sort of defense shield. Wii owners didn't pay $500 to $600 for their system. Not only that, the very same Sony fans that denigrate the Wii lineup were choosing the PS2 over the Dreamcast which had the better software lineup. You can't have it both ways. Just say you like Sony as a company more than Nintendo or MS. Don't try to say its about the games because its not.

EDIT: Kber81, bring up multiplatform games does not help the PS3. As its been stated, you can get a 360 with those titles for much cheapr than you could a PS3. It Sony's biggest weakeness. Both MS and Nintendo draw their brand loyalty from the fandom of wholely owned IPs. A great deal of Sony's fans are fans of third party properties.  

vizunary said:
Galaki said:
libellule said:

MGS4/FFXIII

as a bonus, you also get a job getting a ps3.

(people need to stop listing unreleased games... really) 

why? knowing, without a doubt, that i would be playing MGS4 and FFXIII eventually were main driving forces when i got my PS3 in january. plus i must be one of the few that said "hey whenever i'm not playing HD games i might watch a couple HD movies!"

Tell me what if Square Enix and Konami, contiune to prolong development on these games and they stay listed as TBA in 2008. How would you feel about that? Bad wouldn't you. So point is why do people get so much hype on a game knowing that the game doesn't even have a release date.