By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Galaki said:
libellule said:

MGS4/FFXIII

==> PS3 more expensive but at least it doesn't break, online is free, and it is a playstation.

as a bonus, you also get a job getting a ps3.

(people need to stop listing unreleased games... really) 

What's wrong with listing unreleased games? If you're going to get a console for games you have to know what's going to come out next so you can know which console has the most interesting ones. Even though atm, 360 might have more games, most of them don't interest me at all. PS3 will have FF, KH, SO4 and many more JRPGs, which is my favorite genre.

Around the Network
lolita said:

What's wrong with listing unreleased games? If you're going to get a console for games you have to know what's going to come out next so you can know which console has the most interesting ones. Even though atm, 360 might have more games, most of them don't interest me at all. PS3 will have FF, KH, SO4 and many more JRPGs, which is my favorite genre.

There's nothing "wrong" with it, but:

1) every console has unreleased games, but people tend to only list the unreleased games coming out on their favorite console, as if the others will stop getting new games.

2) it's difficult to know the quality of an unreleased game (see "Lair").

3) unreleased games can (potentially) come out on multiple consoles, or not come out on the console people assumed it would be on.

4) unreleased games can be delayed. if the world ends, you die, you get too busy to play games, your console dies, or the company goes out of business, you may never actually get to enjoy playing those unreleased games you are so excited about.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

@NintendoTogepi

First of all what are your favourite genre ? If it's shooters and sci-fi, then go for the Xbox360.

If it's plateformer and party games, then go for the Wii

If you like many different genre then go for the PS3

simple as that

Videogirl, you do realise that what you're saying has absolutely nothing to do with reality? The PS3 doesn't have any more variety in games than the other consoles, and actually has the least games, both released and on the way.

It's also guaranteed to have the smallest userbase at least until 2009, so buying it would be a very bad idea.

Sigh.

The X360 has had the more reliable systems out since May, with the 2nd heatsink. Now, there's probably a 40% chance you get a Falcon with the 65nm extras.

Lets not argue, the X360 has the vastly superior games in every catagory, in every way. Only a biased, dumb, Sony fanboy would try to argue, using the scant few games the PS3 has over the dozens of AAA titles the X360 has.

MGS4 might be X360, so why use it?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

""""""(people need to stop listing unreleased games... really) """"""

==> WHY NOT ???
Halo3 is not released yet,
why people are talking about this unknow game ?
(I follow your logic)

"""""The X360 has had the more reliable systems out since May, with the 2nd heatsink. Now, there's probably a 40% chance you get a Falcon with the 65nm extras. """"""

==> sorry, give me a link about Falcon project released or doesn't mention it.
The Xbox360 reliability is poor, a lot more poor than PS3/Wii.
Of course, there is the warranty extension.
but you cannot say "reliable" and "Xbox360" in the same sentence right now (except in the negative way)

""""Lets not argue, the X360 has the vastly superior games in every catagory, in every way. Only a biased, dumb, Sony fanboy would try to argue, using the scant few games the PS3 has over the dozens of AAA titles the X360 has. """"

==> right now, YES, for sure.
The Xbox360 is even cheaper.
But if you want to play Killzone2/LBP/MGS4/FFXIII/versus/WKS/SO4/GT5/GoW3
you know which console you have to buy...

it is a matter of choice.

Time to Work !

mrstickball said:
Sigh.

The X360 has had the more reliable systems out since May, with the 2nd heatsink. Now, there's probably a 40% chance you get a Falcon with the 65nm extras.

Lets not argue, the X360 has the vastly superior games in every catagory, in every way. Only a biased, dumb, Sony fanboy would try to argue, using the scant few games the PS3 has over the dozens of AAA titles the X360 has.

MGS4 might be X360, so why use it?

How about biased, dumb Nintendo fanboys? PS3 has much more high rated games than Wii...

@ Nintendo Togepi

X360 is a great machine if you like current and upcoming line-up more you can't go wrong. Get it and welcome in HD gaming community.

Get the Elite its $450. A decent price. No worries on RRoD. And its reliable. If you do get a RRoD and that is very rare and I mean very rare. You have Microsoft 3-year warranty covering your console for the rest of the console life.
If you what a premium. I would wait till Christmas thats when the Falcons are released in the Premium and Core Editions. Really you shouldn't have a problem though. Getting a 360 now is safe than the past couple of months ago. Just never buy a Nyko Intercooler. Keep the 360 in a well vented area and your 360 will be trouble free. The defect rate dropped for the 360 so no worries again. Get the Elite ($450) if you have to. But if you really want to go cheap get the Premium ($350)

kber81, but there are no N-fanboys in this thread, so I'm tackling what's at hand (but I agree with you about Wii fanboys).

If we list only released games, lets think about games released THIS YEAR:

PS3:

Liar
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
None above 85% Gameranking's composite

Forza Motorsports 2
Bioshock
Crackdown
Blue Dragon (US)
2 at at 90%+ , bottom 2 > PS3 Bottom 2

Hmmm.....

Then for the rest of the year, you only have Uncharted vs. Halo 3, Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey - I wonder which games will end up being better reviewed?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:

Then for the rest of the year, you only have Uncharted vs. Halo 3, Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey - I wonder which games will end up being better reviewed?

Don't forget about Unreal, GT5Prologue and Ratchet... the real question is which games suits you better. Personally I'm aware of all great X360's  games but I've still picked PS3 because Sony's line-up in my opinion is better than MS's. Planty great games on both platforms (COD4 etc.)