By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
NintendoTogepi said:

I might actually get a 360 now, with all of the awesome games coming out (NOT Halo 3, such crap) and out already.

Plus, the PS3 (which I was hoping to get) is failing to impress with basically only one AAA exclusive, which came out at launch.

The XBLA is worth the purchase alone!

However, I'm worried over the hardware issues....very worried.

How long till the new versions come out?

I believe I read somewhere that Radio Shack is now carrying the 360 and this is such a recent development that their stock is all new and are all HDMI-equipped units. If that is the case they are really, really new hardware. Either way, look on the box and see if it has a manufatured date. Anything on or after July will likely be new hardware... I got a replacement unit for mine that was made I think in the second week of July and it is the new hardware (without HDMI, though).

*Edit:*  What the hell is wrong with you people?  Just answer the guy's questions and address his concerns and keep your damn fanboy fanaticism in your pocket.

Let me add this, NintendoTogepi:  If you read my original post right after getting a 360, I was THRILLED with XBLA.  I downloaded every single demo and have bought a few.  I love that part of the 360.  I also love all the  full game demos from marketplace.  All that said, if you can afford an Elite, get it!  My 20 gig drive remains full at all times due to all the demos and such...  If you get the 120gig set the auto download feature on and it will always download the latest demos to check out....  To be honest, you could probably keep yourself enjoying games (demos that is) for quite a while just on the free demos alone.  There is a LOT of free play there... 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
NintendoTogepi said:

I might actually get a 360 now, with all of the awesome games coming out (NOT Halo 3, such crap) and out already.

Plus, the PS3 (which I was hoping to get) is failing to impress with basically only one AAA exclusive, which came out at launch.

Buy a Premium with HDMI and you'll be fine.  There are going to be reports out soon about how reliable they are (trust me on that).

Legend11 said:
NintendoTogepi said:

Buy a Premium with HDMI and you'll be fine.  There are going to be reports out soon about how reliable they are (trust me on that).

Your right about that Legend. And now that Microsoft is releasing a 360 Arcade version. You should look into that to NintendoTogepi.

Darc Requiem said:

I have owned every Nintendo system except the Virtual Boy. MS has the best lineup hands down. So I could be labeled a Nintendo fanboy. Anyone saying different is just biased. Mrstickball is right. The only way I can see someone disliking the 360 lineup is if they are into platformers. If you like RPGs, the Wii and PS3 have zilch as of right now. Sports games run the best on the 360. Shooters, there are more quality titles on 360. Racing games, the 360 wins again. Honestly the strongest part of the PS3's 2007 lineup are either shooters or racing games. Both of which are better on 360.

The Wii's lineup is always brought up by PS3 fans like some sort of defense shield. Wii owners didn't pay $500 to $600 for their system. Not only that, the very same Sony fans that denigrate the Wii lineup were choosing the PS2 over the Dreamcast which had the better software lineup. You can't have it both ways. Just say you like Sony as a company more than Nintendo or MS. Don't try to say its about the games because its not.

EDIT: Kber81, bring up multiplatform games does not help the PS3. As its been stated, you can get a 360 with those titles for much cheapr than you could a PS3. It Sony's biggest weakeness. Both MS and Nintendo draw their brand loyalty from the fandom of wholely owned IPs. A great deal of Sony's fans are fans of third party properties.

This was very well put.  I think anyone claiming the 360 doesn't have the best lineup out right now is deluded.  But, I'll be frank, if a system that's been out twice as long as its two competitors didn't have the best lineup, something would be terribly wrong.  Luckily, things seem to be rather right.

Darc Requiem said:

Shooters, there are more quality titles on 360. Racing games, the 360 wins again. Honestly the strongest part of the PS3's 2007 lineup are either shooters or racing games. Both of which are better on 360.   

I'm slightly confused about this statement. Racing games...what does the 360 have? PGR4? Forza?

The PS3 already has Motorstorm. And GT5 prologue, and Formula One Championship Edition (both exclusives) coming out. How are racing games 'better' on the 360......are you saying the multiplatform titles run better?

Dirt is meant to look/run better on the PS3.

Burnout Paradise is going mulitplatform, but it has some unique stuff with the PS3 version, including crash-shots with the PS eye.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

I have owned every Nintendo system except the Virtual Boy. MS has the best lineup hands down. So I could be labeled a Nintendo fanboy. Anyone saying different is just biased. Mrstickball is right. The only way I can see someone disliking the 360 lineup is if they are into platformers. If you like RPGs, the Wii and PS3 have zilch as of right now. Sports games run the best on the 360. Shooters, there are more quality titles on 360. Racing games, the 360 wins again. Honestly the strongest part of the PS3's 2007 lineup are either shooters or racing games. Both of which are better on 360.

The Wii's lineup is always brought up by PS3 fans like some sort of defense shield. Wii owners didn't pay $500 to $600 for their system. Not only that, the very same Sony fans that denigrate the Wii lineup were choosing the PS2 over the Dreamcast which had the better software lineup. You can't have it both ways. Just say you like Sony as a company more than Nintendo or MS. Don't try to say its about the games because its not.

EDIT: Kber81, bring up multiplatform games does not help the PS3. As its been stated, you can get a 360 with those titles for much cheapr than you could a PS3. It Sony's biggest weakeness. Both MS and Nintendo draw their brand loyalty from the fandom of wholely owned IPs. A great deal of Sony's fans are fans of third party properties.

Sorry, but hat's not entirely true.  I chose Dreamcast over PS2 originally, and it's software lineup was, for me, rather weak.  The only things it really had going for it were games like Jet Grind Radio.  In fact, aside from that, I can't think of much from DC that I myself liked aside from that.  The DC was also absolute garbage when it came to RPGs and disappointing overall.  If I had to go back in time, I would probably stick with that decision because, despite it's ugly design, it struck me as the best machine of the generation.

Another thing you're neglecting for some of us is that crappy hardware is absolutely unacceptable.  I don't know if this is the case with everyone else, but it certainly is for me.

Dallinor said:

Darc Requiem said:

Shooters, there are more quality titles on 360. Racing games, the 360 wins again. Honestly the strongest part of the PS3's 2007 lineup are either shooters or racing games. Both of which are better on 360.   

I'm slightly confused about this statement. Racing games...what does the 360 have? PGR4? Forza?

The PS3 already has Motorstorm. And GT5 prologue, and Formula One Championship Edition (both exclusives) coming out. How are racing games 'better' on the 360......are you saying the multiplatform titles run better?

Dirt is meant to look/run better on the PS3.

Burnout Paradise is going mulitplatform, but it has some unique stuff with the PS3 version, including crash-shots with the PS eye.

Games currently available for the system with Gameranking scores ≥ 80%

Playstation 3 

GameGamerankings Score
DiRT

85%

Motorstorm

83%

Xbox 360 

GameGamerankings Score
Forza Motorsport 2

90%

Burnout Revenge

89%

Project Gotham Racing 3

88%

DiRT

83%

Flatout: Ultimate Carnage

80%

For the racing, it is more difficult to say woh is the winner :

GT5prologue+formulaone(exclusive?)+Dirt updated+Motorstorm

VS

Forzza2+PGR4+Dirt

Time to Work !

libellule said:
For the racing, it is more difficult to say woh is the winner :

GT5prologue+formulaone(exclusive?)+Dirt updated+Motorstorm

VS

Forzza2+PGR4+Dirt

Formula One for PS3 didn't make the chart I made... It had a Gamerankings average of 77%.  GT5 Prologue is just a sampler (basically a demo?) for GT5 coming out October of this year right?  The 360 has PGR4 coming out the same month...

The PS3 appears to be outgunned when it comes to racing games this year...  I guess we'll have to wait until next year (seems like we say "wait" a lot when it comes to the PS3, "wait" until next year, or "wait" until 2009/2010, what about those gamers who want to play games now?).

sorry but

GT >>>> PGR

Everybody know GT in europe.
Nobody know PGR, has nobody bought the Xbox.
GT gameplay is more realistic and car modelisation is better.
PGR get better environnement but who care in a racing game ?

I dont say GT will own everything
I just say that Forzza3 is needed to kill GT5, not an arcade game like PGR

Even more, I dont think you can play 16 cars / race in PGR4 ...

GT5pro will only be 30 euros BR, and 28 euros in PSN (converted from japan price) ...compared to the 70 euros of PGR4)
http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000061214/

Time to Work !