By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Darc Requiem said:
I have owned every Nintendo system except the Virtual Boy. MS has the best lineup hands down. So I could be labeled a Nintendo fanboy. Anyone saying different is just biased. Mrstickball is right. The only way I can see someone disliking the 360 lineup is if they are into platformers. If you like RPGs, the Wii and PS3 have zilch as of right now. Sports games run the best on the 360. Shooters, there are more quality titles on 360. Racing games, the 360 wins again. Honestly the strongest part of the PS3's 2007 lineup are either shooters or racing games. Both of which are better on 360.

The Wii's lineup is always brought up by PS3 fans like some sort of defense shield. Wii owners didn't pay $500 to $600 for their system. Not only that, the very same Sony fans that denigrate the Wii lineup were choosing the PS2 over the Dreamcast which had the better software lineup. You can't have it both ways. Just say you like Sony as a company more than Nintendo or MS. Don't try to say its about the games because its not.

Well said 8)

Around the Network
W29 said:
vizunary said:
Galaki said:
libellule said:

MGS4/FFXIII

==> PS3 more expensive but at least it doesn't break, online is free, and it is a playstation.

as a bonus, you also get a job getting a ps3.

(people need to stop listing unreleased games... really)

why? knowing, without a doubt, that i would be playing MGS4 and FFXIII eventually were main driving forces when i got my PS3 in january. plus i must be one of the few that said "hey whenever i'm not playing HD games i might watch a couple HD movies!"

Tell me what if Square Enix and Konami, contiune to prolong development on these games and they stay listed as TBA in 2008. How would you feel about that? Bad wouldn't you. So point is why do people get so much hype on a game knowing that the game doesn't even have a release date.

Most people buy products in order to enjoy some services most of them will be coming in the future (talking about 'hardcore' consumers of each industry). If you buy a Blu-ray player now, you mostly buy it for the promise of more and better and newer movies to watch and not the mostly crap out there. You buy an expensive 1000$+ PC to enjoy DX10 games wich are far from plentiful ATM. It's always been like this.

libellule said:

Halo3 is not released yet,

The game is already in the hands of retailers and many have been broken street dates. So, it is a complete game. 

Darc Requiem said:

The Wii's lineup is always brought up by PS3 fans like some sort of defense shield. Wii owners didn't pay $500 to $600 for their system. Not only that, the very same Sony fans that denigrate the Wii lineup were choosing the PS2 over the Dreamcast which had the better software lineup. You can't have it both ways. Just say you like Sony as a company more than Nintendo or MS. Don't try to say its about the games because its not.

EDIT: Kber81, bring up multiplatform games does not help the PS3. As its been stated, you can get a 360 with those titles for much cheapr than you could a PS3. It Sony's biggest weakeness. Both MS and Nintendo draw their brand loyalty from the fandom of wholely owned IPs. A great deal of Sony's fans are fans of third party properties.

No. If I like to play X360 games more than PS3's I would buy an X. Period.

NintendoTogepi said:

Plus, the PS3 (which I was hoping to get) is failing to impress with basically only one AAA exclusive, which came out at launch.

That really depends on your tastes, and your idea of an AAA title. I for one, personally love the PS3 game selection, and the future is looking very bright with alot of big titles hitting before and after xmas.

As for the 360 take a look at the titles available and make your choice.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
W29 said:
vizunary said:
Galaki said:
libellule said:

MGS4/FFXIII

==> PS3 more expensive but at least it doesn't break, online is free, and it is a playstation.

as a bonus, you also get a job getting a ps3.

(people need to stop listing unreleased games... really)

why? knowing, without a doubt, that i would be playing MGS4 and FFXIII eventually were main driving forces when i got my PS3 in january. plus i must be one of the few that said "hey whenever i'm not playing HD games i might watch a couple HD movies!"

Tell me what if Square Enix and Konami, contiune to prolong development on these games and they stay listed as TBA in 2008. How would you feel about that? Bad wouldn't you. So point is why do people get so much hype on a game knowing that the game doesn't even have a release date.

Most people buy products in order to enjoy some services most of them will be coming in the future (talking about 'hardcore' consumers of each industry). If you buy a Blu-ray player now, you mostly buy it for the promise of more and better and newer movies to watch and not the mostly crap out there. You buy an expensive 1000$+ PC to enjoy DX10 games wich are far from plentiful ATM. It's always been like this.

Well considering that I buy base on what I see out and when I see release date. HD-DVD still hasn't reached the mainstream yet, so hasn't Blu-ray so you can keep those out of the picture. I'm talking about games. Release dates need to be made for the gamer, so they know that they are buying the console and no worries that the game is not coming to the system.

1/ completely agree with you :
the OP want a Xbox360, I (we) shouldn't try to point what is good or bad on the PS3/Xbox360 games.

2/ "playstation"
yes PS3 is a playstation.
As Xbox360 is a Xbox.
since I have never owned a Xbox, I owned PSX/PS2 and since I dont like Microsoft, I dont see me buy a Xbox360 for the moment.
Obviously, it is a personnal feeling.

3/ In term of gaming, the Xbox360 is globally better in all the category as stated Dark Requiem
EXCEPT in Racing :
Dirt PS3 > Dirt Xbox360
and we cannot a,swer to the question : GT5prologue = ? = Forzza2+PGR4

Time to Work !

Galaki said:
libellule said:

The game is already in the hands of retailers and many have been broken street dates. So, it is a complete game. 

Yea libellule whats wrong with you?!? Do you need to be updated.

Halo 3 is coming to the Xbox 360. Has 16 player online. 4 player co-op. Brand new story to the ending Halo saga. Release date Wednesday September 26, 2007 at Midnight 12:00am

Dallinor said:

NintendoTogepi said:

Plus, the PS3 (which I was hoping to get) is failing to impress with basically only one AAA exclusive, which came out at launch.

That really depends on your tastes, and your idea of an AAA title. I for one, personally love the PS3 game selection, and the future is looking very bright with alot of big titles hitting before and after xmas.

As for the 360 take a look at the titles available and make your choice.

A good selection I might add the 360 has 8)

Galaki said:
libellule said:

Yea libellule whats wrong with you?!? Do you need to be updated.

Halo 3 is coming to the Xbox 360. Has 16 player online. 4 player co-op. Brand new story to the ending Halo saga. Release date Wednesday September 26, 2007 at Midnight 12:00am

==> I know ....
it is just that 1 guy wanted to focus on allready released title only.He didn't want to talk about next games NOT released yet.
I was just joking with Halo3 as it is not ... released yet lol.

It was sarcasm ...

Time to Work !