Forums - Sony Discussion - What happent to home's trophy room?

Wow, I guess I'm alone or in limited company in my appriciation of Home. I won't deny that the complaints are many and tightly wounded but I guess I'm all too eager to look beyond all of that, hopefully it'll improve that people with genuine concerns will grow to like it.

In the mean time it means I have less people to contend with when trying all the stuff that's there.

Not entirely sure why I'm willing to overlook the teething problems but I guess it's down to two things.

1: I'm used to people saying Sony promises Big but delivers nothing/little, with that in mind, I NEVER listen to their hype instead judge for myself and from what I've seen, Sony aren't Software experts. Again folks on this site will remind you constantly that XBL>>>>>PSN simply because XBL is like spreading butter on a crumpet and PSN is trying to chew nails. Assume for one moment that's 100% true, why am I willing to accept this crap on my plate? Well I think it's because I've yet to accept the jump from ps2 to HD.
It just seems to me that people are a little too spoilt these days that they expect Crysis beaters (in terms of graphics) in every single game (I still can't understand why people ragged on MAG but that's another story.) As a result they expect everything to be inch perfect straight out of the bag but as this is a new venture...it won't be the case.

2: Which brings me to my next point, Home is unlike anything on any console EVER as a result, it's venturing into uncharted waters so why everyone is expecting perfection from the word go is beyond me.
Sony once again have attempted something much bigger than they can handle and once again its bitting them in the ass, however that doesn't mean it shouldn't be commended for what it's attempting.
I know this won't help matters but I believe in a year's time, Home will be a lot closer to what Sony is imagining, I use the difference of November last year and today as a point of reference.

Basically Today's Home>>>>>>>>>>November
Almost everyone agrees EU home is the worse of the bunch but yet I counter by saying, compared to November, this is perfection.

I know the "Have patience" line is worn out but I still think it holds true, give Sony enough time (i.e a century :D) and they will get there in the end.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Wow, this the most epic text wall war/thread hijack I have seen on the internet so far.

HOME is just OK, the minigames are fun if you're bored an have nothing else to play on ps3, it's gets boring fast though, but with the new spaces they keep adding it's good for killing some time every once in a while.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000+  80GB DSlite

@twest - the gamers lounge is made for virtual press events. Wait till E3 and it will be used.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

i didnt know that the gamer lounge was for virtual press, i was asking myself was up with this space, is like empty

Wow, who the fuck going to read all the posts you guys are doing?
if you want to argue with someone dont write him a novel.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Wow, who the fuck going to read all the posts you guys are doing?
if you want to argue with someone dont write him a novel.

Shit, don't give away my strategy man!  Write a long enough post and everyone must agree with you!

As an aside based on twesterm and Ajascent's discussion, my main complaint with Home after the constant downloading (I've recently discovered that my connection ain't as great as I thought it was) are the constant updates. I rarely use Home, and I hate that every time I decide to hop on I have to update the damn thing (and then proceed to redownload every area I want to go to). They should include Home updates with firmware updates, so that you download them simultaneously. I always download the firmware updates (I'm essentially forced to even if for some reason I didn't want to), so because of that Home would always be up to date for me, and I could then access it on a whim if I so choose.

@makingmusic476 -- the problem with bundling Home updates and Firmware updates is that Home is optional ( i personally haven't bothered to download it due to its size ).

Though i am sure in time Home updates will become less frequent.

Aprisaiden said:
@makingmusic476 -- the problem with bundling Home updates and Firmware updates is that Home is optional ( i personally haven't bothered to download it due to its size ).

Though i am sure in time Home updates will become less frequent.

So then you're assuming it's leaving beta?