By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What happent to home's trophy room?

I'm from the Uk not sure where that release is tbh, just something ive heard on here somewhere

Around the Network

Do you not realize the steaming pile of fail that Home is? They're struggling just to make it "playable" and you want them to add a new feature?

I admit, the trophy room was something I was looking forward to because it made trophies a little cooler, but I would rather them fix Home first.

betsfro said:
?

Also, don't bump your posts with just a "?". I don't want to give you a warning over something so stupid but please just don't do it.

The amount of people who go to Home on a daily bases will disagree with you there Twesterm but I guess it's to each their own.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
The amount of people who go to Home on a daily bases will disagree with you there Twesterm but I guess it's to each their own.

A lot of people like doing a lot of stupid things, but that doesn't make them good.  You'll even people that call Sonic the Hedgehog (360 near launch game) good, does that make it a good game?  NO.

Home really succeeds at nothing except micro transactions, that's really about it.  Everything else it just fails at.  I haven't tried XI yet so I won't judge that, but everything else I've tried has been a complete embarrassment.

so...your opinion>>>everyone else's?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

i dont know it seems pretty cool to me to have 3D trophys, and a trophy room to show them in your home house

Ajescent said:
so...your opinion>>>everyone else's?

No, it's just that bad things do exist and people can like and not like those bad things.  It's their decision.  I am not saying everyone hates Homes and I'm not denying that there are plenty of people that like it, but that still doesn't change the fact it's just plain bad.

Tell me what it succeeds at and I'll gladly tell you why you're wrong.

• Social application?  Only if you have the chatpad or a keyboard hooked up.  Remember, if the extra peripheral isn't supplied with the product or absolutely required, you cannot count on people having it.  So for most people, they can't chat very well.  Therefore, it's nowhere near as good as just a chat room.  So it fails there.
  • Gaming space?  If you didn't have to wait in line to play the game, perhaps.  If the games you can play when you finally get to play them weren't just basic flashgames you can find everywhere else and better, perhaps.  If you didn't have to download every individual game, perhaps.  But since it is none of those, it fails there too.
  • Streaming?  Home streams nothing.  This basic concept that has been around since the 90's it cannot do.  you have to completely download everything.  How did they screw that up that badly?  So yes, Home majorly fails on that front.
  • A world full of life?  Home is this dull lifeless void.  From your avatars with their eternal blank stares to the empty worlds you walk around, Home has no life and it just this dull sterile world.  Last time I played I went into the Gamer's Lounge expecting to see more arcade games, what did I see?  I saw one floor of a bunch of seats with a few people in them and the second floor being taken up by these huge empty glass rooms you can't even go in.  So there's something else Home fails at.
  • Red Bull Air Race?  Sounds like a cool idea and I heard it's even fun for about 30 seconds, but you have to find it first.  Anything that you need a seperate video tutorial to activate just automatically fails.  Seriously, how did they fuck that up that badly?  Everything else in the game you just walk up to and a prompt comes up, for some strange reason with the Red Bull Air Race thing you have to select a person and then cycle through everyone around you to find the prompt.  So that whole area fails.
  • Moving from area to area?  Well that fails too since you have to download every area.  Same concept as the streaming, MMO's have handled this fine since the 90's, why can't Home do this?  Again, fail.
  • Bugs?  I know, OMG IT'S A BETA!! but it's still something released to the public and the beta tag is just a shield.  Every time I go to Home I find bugs (I still can't enter the apartment building through the doors) and terrible frame rate everywhere.  Even empty rooms I still have frame rate trouble.

So yeah, what does Home succeed at?  Dance animations?

^you have too much time in your hands, and to much hatred for something you don't care about....

i agree with twesterm.
its not "Fail" its just not for me, it needs alot of improvements and NOT more spaces . IMPROVEMENTS
the whole place looks dull and the animations are bleh, you hardly interact with anything in it, there needs to be more stuff going on in it , and the theater is useless if its only showing trailers.

The said:
^you have too much time in your hands, and to much hatred for something you don't care about....

To be honest when i said i agree with him , i didnt even read that wall of text, i just know he hates it so much xD