By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How important is it to you PS3 beats 360 in console sales war?

NOT ONE OF YOU GET ANYTHING IN YOUR BACK POCKETS WITH 1 CONSOLE BEATING ANOTHER IN SALES

so it dont matter that much, i guess its just about your console of choice doing well if anything.

what does matter most is which console has the best games.

------------

before i joined vgchartz, i didnt even know the gamecube, ps2 and xbox sales figures. i only enjoyed games on all 3.

so looking back at last gen, i enjoyed gaming without knowing how much each had sold. and thats how it should be.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:

Please answer my question. My username, threads and posts obviously tells you who I want to win this generation.

I could not care less...

Besides... even of the PS3 catchs up (eventually... ) they are not going to make as much money as Nintendo and Microsoft... so WTF ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Skeeuk said:

NOT ONE OF YOU GET ANYTHING IN YOUR BACK POCKETS WITH 1 CONSOLE BEATING ANOTHER IN SALES

so it dont matter that much, i guess its just about your console of choice doing well if anything.

------------

before i joined vgchartz, i didnt even know the gamecube, ps2 and xbox sales figures. i only enjoyed games on all 3.

so looking back at last gen, i enjoyed gaming without knowing how much each had sold. and thats how it should be.

Actually, that's not true.   I assure you.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Bullet100000 said:
twingo said:
Could not care less, but i hate crap quality products so MS "losing" would be better.

Exactly my point if there was no PS3 this gen hardcore gamers would be forced to buy the 360 and deal with its hardware issues although the problems have decreased but they still exist.  And the Monoply would start.

If there was no Xbox360 hardcore gamers would be forced to buy a $600 console. The price wouldn't be as low as it is today.

I want the Xbox360 to win versus PS3, because MS is working harder this gen than Sony. But there are more important things in my life.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

ChichiriMuyo said:
Skeeuk said:

------------

Actually, that's not true.   I assure you.

well what do you get then?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

------------

Exactly.

More than that, the biggest concern is the emergence of the new Wii market and its success >< the "failure" of the PS3

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

i love the "sony" feel about my games so as long as they make games and make money to stay going then im all for that! the consumer always wins with console competition

i dont care because we have good competition between 360 and ps3 who so ever win i dont care beacuse competition encouraging high quality games thats all we want .

I think this is important with regard to multi-platform development. A lot of 360 games sacrifice their assets to being no bigger than 6.8 GB (even a game like GTA IV). And like the Ghostbusters devs stated if the game would have been PS3 exclusive they could have acccomplished twice as much onscreen. Similar with regard to online, mutliplatform games provide less powerful online features than top PS3 exclusives.

If games like LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Killzone 2 would have been multi-platform I think sacrifices would have been made with regard to online functionality.

I hope Microsoft's next gen console isn't too far away.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:

I think this is important with regard to multi-platform development. A lot of 360 games sacrifice their assets to being no bigger than 6.8 GB (even a game like GTA IV). And like the Ghostbusters devs stated if the game would have been PS3 exclusive they could have acccomplished twice as much onscreen. Similar with regard to online, mutliplatform games provide less powerful online features than top PS3 exclusives.

If games like LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Killzone 2 would have been multi-platform I think sacrifices would have been made with regard to online functionality.

I own a PS3 and I don't seem to enjoy the "assets" you are refering to .

Could you give some example ?