By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How important is it to you PS3 beats 360 in console sales war?

@MikeB
Yea since LBP is such a demanding game it could never be done on 360 right? (Looks at PSP version coming out)

Around the Network

@ Sardauk

Looking at your games library.

For example you will have to connect Killzone 2 to a good 7.1 surround audio system to fully enjoy the audio quality.

Uncharted and Killzone 2 have some of the best quality graphics, great quality textures. For example the car section in Uncharted streams a lot of quality assets and the cutscenes are top notch, these kind of things take up a lot of space.

MGS4 has good quality textures, graphics varierty and cinematics as well.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ Garnett

Trolls like you always misread. For the sake of accuracy I have many times in the past stated any PS3 game can be done on the 360 and vice versa. I was talking about sacrifices here and with regard to LittleBigPlanet was specifically pointing to online functionality (like the wealth of user created content).

Multi-platform publishers usually want to provide a similar experience across both platforms (this to not to upset anyone).

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

DirtyP2002 said:
Bullet100000 said:
twingo said:
Could not care less, but i hate crap quality products so MS "losing" would be better.

Exactly my point if there was no PS3 this gen hardcore gamers would be forced to buy the 360 and deal with its hardware issues although the problems have decreased but they still exist.  And the Monoply would start.

If there was no Xbox360 hardcore gamers would be forced to buy a $600 console. The price wouldn't be as low as it is today.

I want the Xbox360 to win versus PS3, because MS is working harder this gen than Sony. But there are more important things in my life.

See the thing is they are not really working harder they just have more money to throw around than $ony.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

MikeB said:

@ Garnett

Trolls like you always misread. For the sake of accuracy I have many times in the past stated any PS3 game can be done on the 360 and vice versa. I was talking about sacrifices here and with regard to LittleBigPlanet was specifically pointing to online functionality (like the wealth of user created content).

Multi-platform publishers usually want to provide a similar experience across both platforms (this to not to upset anyone).

You're deluded if you think the 360 couldn't do the online side of LBP.

To answer the OP, they've both losers anyway so why does it matter.

Around the Network

@MikeB

So explain (since you can explain anything) how LBP cant be done on XBL?

@ Garnett

To quote devs:

"The disadvantage of Sony's [PSN] is that there isn't as much defined by Sony as to how you have to do things - they leave it very much up to you", "But at the same time, because it's not as strongly defined, you have the freedom to do it in the way that you want [on PSN] - in a way that may be more suitable to your game."

"Microsoft is only slowly increasing requirements and opening up the constraints of Xbox Live. It's been a slow process, whereas PSN hasn't been restricted by size"

"The hard drive is needed to store temporary data when playing online as the data transferred from one console to another requires storage space greater than what the memory card can contain."

Microsoft is a lot stricter and demands the usage of their less flexible protocols.

PS3 vs 360 sales

Zlejedi said:
I don't really care altrough it's sad to see that many people swarming to low quality equipment and being milked for service which every competitor offers for free.

Well, from my experiences the people who bought a 360 are pleased with the hardware and the services, so I guess it's all good.

I don´t care, though if I 'had' to, yes I´d want the PS3 to finish in 3rd place, based on their strategy this gen...not get out of the business or anything like that, stay in the game but having learned their lesson through humble pies, never release a console for $600 ever again.

@MikeB 360 arcades have built in 256mbs so that HDD excuse is gone,Farcry also requires a HDD to download n play custom maps online but they managed (havnt tried it with built in 256mb)
And all that can be done on the PSP but not 360? Unless they plan on cutting out the MP version of the PSP version then its impossible.