By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How important is it to you PS3 beats 360 in console sales war?

PS3beats360 said:
Please answer my question. I will provide my answer in the thread after I see some responses in my thread.

Apparently enough for you to make a thread about it,Sales dont mean anything,games do,(yes that means PS3 is winning.)

(Hopefully MS will show some good games at E3)

Around the Network

I don't care who wins, as long as no one gets killed. It lookis like we have already reached that point, so I am not that worried about this geration anymore, as far as sales go. The only thing that I want to see is all three compertitors continuing to push as far as possible, and not try to bust out a new system before we see these current gen machines actually put to work. If we can get Sony and MS on board with motion controls, and 3D, then things will be more exiting. There is a ton of stuff possible with especially the PS3 and 360, and we have yet to scratch the surface of what they can truly do.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I don't really care altrough it's sad to see that many people swarming to low quality equipment and being milked for service which every competitor offers for free.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

^

really? Is that necessary?

One more thing I want to add.

When I am talking about a PS3 tide turning, I am just trying to get people around here to use some common sense. I am not living in fasntasy land were in my imagination PS3 will come out on top. When you lokk at this generation, it is extreamly differant than any of the previous generations. We have already seen all three consoles break every trend we have seen in history. Never before have we seen such a large differance between the power of the thre competitors, and never before have we seen the ability to completely change the system through firmware updates. Plus we have never seen a generation were peripherals had such high attatch rates.

All three systems have the ability to gain a new feature either through a new peripheral, or via a firmware update. This leaves the door wide open to momentum shifts that we have never had the possability of in the past. If Sony or Microsoft came out with a motion controler, and 3D graphics, it could change the face of this generation.

Just imagine Wii sports were the ball and bat come out of the screen, and you actually make the 3D bat and ball make contact. That or a 3D bowling lane in which either systems camera can look at the position of your controller, then relay the info so the display can actually make it look like the ball is in your hand. These are very possible scenarios on PS3, and 360, and I think it would blow people away, and momentum would shift to an extream.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Necessary? Probably not. True? Probably so. If you haven't had a RROD or any of the other many errors and don't know anyone else that has you're probably lucky and Live is nothing but taking money for a service that would otherwise be free.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

@ChichiriMuyo

unfortunatley I though we were past the whole RROD thing and with Live you get what you pay for. And if I wanted to act like that I could do the same thing with Sony but i'll leave that kind of stuff for the fanboys.

BenVTrigger said:
^

really? Is that necessary?

He wanted to know if i care about results so I told him :)

And can you argue that X360 is low quality ? It has insane failure ratio (rrod and whatever this new error they extended warranty recently is called), it scratches DVDs. They even give you free stuff after your third repair - how common occurance it has to be for them to make a rule about this?

As for Live - steam is free, PSN is free, Nintendo online service is free, and some of them even offer you free dedicated servers instead of P2P architecture Live uses.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I would agree that the 360 had a WAY too high failure rate no doubt but thats come down alot. Also they got on the ball at least and fixed everyone's repairs for free. Plus you get free stuff the very first time they repair your console (usually 1 free month of live, sometimes 800 MS points)

But do I think the 360 is a low quality machine? Not at all I think its excellent with a great game library. I'm not going to exscuse them, they made a big mistake by not ensuring it was ready at launch and rushing out the door, but they payed for it and have worked their butts off for the success they are getting this gen. Also sure PSN is free but Live is better and honestly paying $4 a month to play online is not that big of a deal especially for what you get for that money.

I hate Microsoft.