By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else who can't wait to see what Nintendo's got for E3?

announce a new star fox and i will go out and buy a new tv

Around the Network

I'm not expecting Nintendo to show much at E3. I get the feeling their mostly going to show off wii sports resort/motion plus, show some new spirit tracks gameplay footage and end with trailers of pikmin 3 and a new zelda or mario game for the wii.

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies

Well, first and foremost, they are going to reveal the rest of the "sports" and features in Wii Sports Resort. Other surprise announcements aside, this will be the biggest part of their E3 presentation.

There will probably be Red Steel 2, Pikmin 3 (because of that teaser pic), some EA games shown off (fitness, tennis, etc.)

I hope they show off some other stuff but I am not getting my hopes up. This is pretty exciting in itself even without surprises.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

i can't! i don't want to get too hyped, but i realllllllly hope they announce release for pikmin 2 for US and pikmin 3

I hope they have a brand New Zelda for Christmas...For Secret reasons

Around the Network

@Soriku

maybe its just me but i'd rather see actual gameplay footage rather than a short trailer confirming a games existence that most people already knew was coming.

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies

trestres said:
I thought that by now Nintendo would have already started focusing on the Wii more than on the DS, but it seems I was very wrong.

I'm not excited at all for E3.

Why should they focus on one system more? Both are earning loads of money. It's just that the cost and time of home consoles means the DS gets a bit more announcements by default. From looking at things, it seems their focus is equal on both.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Meh, I doubt we'll see many DS games. They'll have Spirit Tracks, and maybe a new DSiWare game or two, something that spotlights the system's new features, but other than that... look at the effort they've put into supporting DS recently... right, not so much. I've actually always been puzzled as to why Nintendo largely ignores one of their most profitable, successful and lucrative systems ever. A lot of the games of their 1st party franchises on the handheld are not even 1st party efforts, but rather 2nd or even 3rd party...
DS could be so much more, so much better, if only they put the effort into it. On that front, they could take a few hints from 3rd party developers.

I'll be very surprised if Nintendo show any truly 'big' games for DS. Yes they'll have Pokémon, but those are 2nd party efforts as well.

As for Wii. Well, they'd better have some 'core' games! :p I'm sure they'll show Sin & Punishment 2 (meh) and Endless Ocean 2 (yay!), and possibly even Punch-Out!!, although that game will already be out by then. Pikmin 3 seems like a strong possibility too, though I also wouldn't be surprised if that didn't show up.
Seems like they could have a new Zelda, to release next year, seeing how they'll have Spirit Tracks this year. I mean, TP was released in 2006, 4 years should be enough time. :p

Also, I DO hope they'll have something big for Q4. I mean, right now, for Wii, they've got nada. Nothing at all. So... they'll probably have something to show. Something big, that'll release in time for christmas. Well, I hope, at least.

So, yeah. But I'm not gonna get too excited. Better to keep your expectations low and your hype-levels in check.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

It's common sense that they'll put everything they have into this show. Let's look at the evidence:

-Their sales have been slowing
-Sony has been gaining ground in Japan.
-There really hasn't been much in the way of outstanding Wii games all year.
-It seems that the competition will be busting out much more sensitive and detailed motion controls. It was rumored last year, but it's pretty much confirmed this year, as we know Microsoft bought that company making the 3D cameras and that the first ones will be available this holiday.
-They've also really just been hyping this E3 and making it well-known that they want to put last year's atrocity behind them.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Not me. More pokemon, mario, zelda games aren't that exciting for me anymore.