By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else who can't wait to see what Nintendo's got for E3?

Captendo said:
I think we're going a bit too far: a good OP is good, yeah, but you suggest we should add every single fact sheet Nintendo releases for every single game along with new screens? That would be too much. A good thing may be an index in the OP, where you can list the page you can find some info about a game. We'll speak again about it tomorrow, now I'm going to sleep!

No, when I said :"We also need to think whether we put all the text/pics/videos of all games in this thread" it was an oratorical question :D The answer was just after :"you would [will] need to make restrictions to not outweigh the main page"

Personnaly, I think there will be enough things to need different posts. Otherwise, it won't be organized (and I also think there's a restriction of characters, isn't it?).

Good Night :)

Around the Network
deadt0m said:
As much as I'd like to place my hopes in Nintendo, I think by this point I've learned not to expect anything from them whatsoever. That way, when their E3 is a bad joke, my hopes aren't dashed, and if hell freezes over and they don't embarrass themselves, I will be pleasantly surprised.

I'm a Nintendo fanboy in exile, so to speak. I want to gush over them and be super excited about their future, but they have done nothing whatsoever to earn it lately. The DS will continue to rule, the Wii will continue to get one good game a year from Nintendo because they are lazy bastards, and they will continue to make Nintendo fans look stupid at E3.

I lol @ your first paragraph mainly because you seem set that Nitnendo WILL do badly this E3.  I'm not saying it's guaranteed that they will do good, you just seem like another person wanting to bash Nintendo.

I however  will lose a lot of respect for Nintendo if it is a repeat of last year.

However I thank last year's E3 to show how immature and stupid some of these so called Nintendo fans (slash snobcore) are.  It's funny how they were pretty much blaming Dunaway and Reggie for what happened even though it was not their fault they just gave what Iwata and Miyamoto gave them.  Ino ther words, most of these so called fans were just shooting the messenger.

Omega_Phazon_Pirate. said:
deadt0m said:
As much as I'd like to place my hopes in Nintendo, I think by this point I've learned not to expect anything from them whatsoever. That way, when their E3 is a bad joke, my hopes aren't dashed, and if hell freezes over and they don't embarrass themselves, I will be pleasantly surprised.

I'm a Nintendo fanboy in exile, so to speak. I want to gush over them and be super excited about their future, but they have done nothing whatsoever to earn it lately. The DS will continue to rule, the Wii will continue to get one good game a year from Nintendo because they are lazy bastards, and they will continue to make Nintendo fans look stupid at E3.

I lol @ your first paragraph mainly because you seem set that Nitnendo WILL do badly this E3.  I'm not saying it's guaranteed that they will do good, you just seem like another person wanting to bash Nintendo.

I however  will lose a lot of respect for Nintendo if it is a repeat of last year.

However I thank last year's E3 to show how immature and stupid some of these so called Nintendo fans (slash snobcore) are.  It's funny how they were pretty much blaming Dunaway and Reggie for what happened even though it was not their fault they just gave what Iwata and Miyamoto gave them.  Ino ther words, most of these so called fans were just shooting the messenger.

Exactly.

Omega_Phazon_Pirate. said:
deadt0m said:

Actually I'm the opposite.  I want nothing less than to bash Nintendo.  I want to hold hands with Nintendo and run through a field of flowers on a sunny Spring day.  Unfortunately, they have thoroughly dashed my hopes that they will put on a good showing at E3.  Let's face it, their strategy is to put out an awesome, groundbreaking first party game and expect it to hold their fanbase over for most of a fiscal year.  That'd be one thing if they got amazing third party support, but they don't, so it sucks.  I still love their games, if not their console, and would love nothing more than for them to unleash a torrent of first-party awesomeness at E3.  I just see no reason to expect it will happen.

As for last year's E3, the huge part of the blame for their failure is Nintendo's, not Cammie or Reggie's.  That said, though, if you are trying to show off games and how much more fun your innovative controller is while playing them, maybe you should get someone who can play games and knows how to use the controller to do the demo.  Cammie's attempt at playing Shaun White was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.  Someone who knew nothing about the Wii and just watched that demo would think, "Man, that controller fucking sucks, she can't even turn!"

Ok, so I'll open a new thread later today and I'll reserve one post for following updates. We can put there news, rumors and quotes. i think it's fine to anyone here.

Around the Network
Captendo said:
Ok, so I'll open a new thread later today and I'll reserve one post for following updates. We can put there news, rumors and quotes. i think it's fine to anyone here.

Good :)

I think that if I'm right and Nintendo doesn't announce anything anymore until about 6 months until the release, then a new Wii Zelda for Christmas 2009 is still on the table. However, with Spirit Tracks coming out this year, it seems kind of unlikely. If it doesn't get announced at E3 now, it won't come out in 2009.
Then again... that isn't neccesarily a bad thing, since 2010 will kick 2007's ass if a new console Zelda joins the tidal wave of awesome games coming next year.

kirby,pimin, ,pilotwings, wii fit+, endless ocean 2, 2 new IPs (could include some shown at october confrence)

pokemon and rhythm heaven could turn up but id expect them for october conference personally

oh and this is just for wii btw

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I also agree that the hate for that E3 was from expectations. The show sucked on its own, but by itself it was just "What were they thinking? Show us how the games work. Stop goofing around"

The crap they got was more from expectations that Nintendo never promised.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs