By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pun Out has the best commercial eveeeeeer

d21lewis said:
Here's the previous champ, in case anyone was wondering.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VkLUmU1Ors

LOL! A part of me thinks the pinata went a bit too far, though. It got me laughing, though!

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network
Vertigo-X said:
d21lewis said:
Here's the previous champ, in case anyone was wondering.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VkLUmU1Ors

LOL! A part of me thinks the pinata went a bit too far, though. It got me laughing, though!

Wow, that commercial was extremely boring.

Best Nintendo Commercial ever!

BNC, BNC, BNC!!!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Great gamers commercial but lacks mass appeal.

Those who have played and remember the original game will love it and those who haven't will be a mixture of "still get it anyways, kinda funny", "I think i got it...meh...it was...ok I guess", and "WTH I want my 2 minutes back!"

Still as a gamer I did really enjoy it...tons of nostalgia in that game for me.

To Each Man, Responsibility
noname2200 said:
alfredofroylan said:
BTW did somebody noticed this:

"12 returning fighters and new ones."

So more than 13 then????

I think that's referring to Disco Kid and Giga Mac. All the podcasts are saying there's only 13, and that Disco Kid's the only new dude.

well, if disco kid is the only new guy, then who is the ? guy

http://punchout.nintendo.com/

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Viva Pinata commercial was really really long that made it very boring.

I think this was merely a hype video made to excite people who want this game, and to generate hype.

This was not intended at all to be on TV or to appeal to the wide audience in general.

That's what I think.

Is this on the Nintendo Wii video channel, or just youtube?

wfz said:
I think this was merely a hype video made to excite people who want this game, and to generate hype.

This was not intended at all to be on TV or to appeal to the wide audience in general.

That's what I think.

Is this on the Nintendo Wii video channel, or just youtube?

It's on Youtube and on Tv, Actually a sorth version of the commercial was aired in WWE RAW yesterday

Words Of Wisdom said:
Awesome for fans.

Complete shit for everyone else. That commercial does nothing to advertise the game itself until the very end when it shows 7 seconds of actual advertisement.

Everyone who played the originals or recognizes the name "Little Mac" can wax nostalgia but the commercial does nothing for the rest of its audience.

On top of that, it's long. For TV viewing, it's likely they can chop out the first 1:30 leaving only the last 20 seconds. The only people who would be sad are the existing fans of Punch Out (who are probably already getting the game).

It's a great and fun commercial but it's a lousy advertisement.

actually i never played either of the punchouts. I didn't intend on buying this one, but the commercial seriously made me reconsider. That is the best ad i've ever seen.

Twilightman on Gametrailers

Imo that commercial wasn't even good one.