By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pun Out has the best commercial eveeeeeer

Wow, back to trolling already? Need I even ask you to knock it off, or will that just fuel your actions further?

OT: I have watched that vid countless times, shown it to everyone at work, and can conclude, without a shadow of a doubt that a)it is fan-freakin-tastic, and b) I need more things to do with my time.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

Around the Network
mrjuju said:
Wow, back to trolling already? Need I even ask you to knock it off, or will that just fuel your actions further?

OT: I have watched that vid countless times, shown it to everyone at work, and can conclude, without a shadow of a doubt that a)it is fan-freakin-tastic, and b) I need more things to do with my time.

You ninty-fans just crack me up. Do you really think that not liking a commercial is trolling?

Out of my favorites,..this commercial is quite the contender! (no pun intended)

Words Of Wisdom said:
Awesome for fans.

Complete shit for everyone else. That commercial does nothing to advertise the game itself until the very end when it shows 7 seconds of actual advertisement.

Everyone who played the originals or recognizes the name "Little Mac" can wax nostalgia but the commercial does nothing for the rest of its audience.

On top of that, it's long. For TV viewing, it's likely they can chop out the first 1:30 leaving only the last 20 seconds. The only people who would be sad are the existing fans of Punch Out (who are probably already getting the game).

It's a great and fun commercial but it's a lousy advertisement.

Finally, someone explained why I didn't get it.

I thought it was decent at best, I didn't understand shit of what was going on, and there was very little that even made me smile...

alfredofroylan said:
wfz said:
I think this was merely a hype video made to excite people who want this game, and to generate hype.

This was not intended at all to be on TV or to appeal to the wide audience in general.

That's what I think.

Is this on the Nintendo Wii video channel, or just youtube?

It's on Youtube and on Tv, Actually a sorth version of the commercial was aired in WWE RAW yesterday

Wow, it was on TV? Was the short version any good? Do you think it will generate much interest in people?

I wonder..

Around the Network

@esa-petteri - you just don't learn do you? hey if you don't like Nintendo cool but why the obsesion to keep trolling nintendo threads?

@OT - That commercial is very funny but I agree that is more a love letter to fans than to mainstream audiences...which is weird because even the Mario Kart wii had a more broad appeal but PO!! doesn't.

Unless there's another version of the commercial for TV airing?

And the viva piñata one was very funny but only until the end. It was too long.

Bobbuffalo said:
@esa-petteri - you just don't learn do you? hey if you don't like Nintendo cool but why the obsesion to keep trolling nintendo threads?

So you consider anything other than praising everything nintendo-related trolling? I see.

Esa-Petteri said:
Bobbuffalo said:

So you consider anything other than praising everything nintendo-related trolling? I see.

Please, don't give that argument. You don't fool anybody but you.

LOL"He ain`t got no heart" that was epic.

wfz said:
alfredofroylan said:
wfz said:
I think this was merely a hype video made to excite people who want this game, and to generate hype.

This was not intended at all to be on TV or to appeal to the wide audience in general.

That's what I think.

Is this on the Nintendo Wii video channel, or just youtube?

It's on Youtube and on Tv, Actually a sorth version of the commercial was aired in WWE RAW yesterday

Wow, it was on TV? Was the short version any good? Do you think it will generate much interest in people?

I wonder..

The TV version is also on the Nintendo Channel if you are curious.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"