By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The conduit to outsell killzone 2?

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
The conduit has a lot of factors going for it. There is a real possibilty it could beat Killzone 2, which sales are dropping off. If Killzone 2 stays under 2 milion, it could get beaten. I see the conduit al least selling 1 milion. Come on, it's even t-rated. That alone makes a big difference.

Let me give you a basic maths lesson.

Killzone 2's sales are currently at 1.53 million. Last week, not counting Japan, it sold 27k units.

If it steadied at even 15k per week (I don't see why it can't do that), it would be at 2 million (470k away) in 32 weeks.

This is not counting Greatest Hits, not counting holiday seasons, and not counting the fact that it isn't steadying at 15k per week anytime soon.

I don't see how The Conduit being T-Rated makes any difference, to be honest. It's a letter, about four square centimetres large, on the front of the game's cover. That's the only difference. It's the same game, whether it's an M or a T. Uncharted was a T, which I find pretty surprising, given the high levels of violence, gore and swearing. Considering Dawn of War was an M...

It's still an FPS on a console which struggles to sell that genre; CoD:WaW will be lucky to get 2 million LT, and it's part of an established franchise. I can't see The Conduit doing more than 1.5 million, and even that's pretty optimistic. Killzone 2's sales will probably double those of The Conduit.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

People here really have too much faith in the Conduit...

I'm sure it will be a good game, but it will not be a commercial success...

I'm guessing 500k WW maximum, btw.

Well I highly doubt it, but you never know, stranger things have happened... I'll wait and see before making any predictions.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

wii is not kiddy, it's mommy

Around the Network

sure.. if they put mario in it.. but even if the game has EPIC reviews it will shd prolly top 1-1.5mil tops

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Graves said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Graves said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

And advertisement... and looking unique... and many people thought it was going to be good before they played it... but the others you mentioned it was just obviously bad and some of them are WAY worse then Red Steel so peddle that somewhere else dude it aint working here.

It sold for every reason other than being a good game. But most importantly it was one of few launch titles that didn't look childish.

The Wii launched with a mature looking Zelda that everyone wanted, Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, about 3 sports titles, and Trauma Center, none of which are kiddy or looked like it and that was a majority of the launch titles, again take it somewhere else where someone else will fall for it, cause everything on Wii/Nintendo consles is "kiddy"

Wowzers, you proved me wrong. I mean sports, racing, and Zelda is where I go when I want a violent game.

Wow so every console has a majority of "childish" titles you've shown the light to us all!  I guess Madden is not childish on the Xbox/360/PS3/PS2 but put it on something like GC and Wii and imagine babyz here we come!

Well aren't you hostile? I remember saying Red Steel was one of the least "childish" games as far as the launch lineup goes. I also said Red Steel's success has a lot to do with it being a launch title.

We both know the Wii is intended for younger demographics but that's not the point of this discussion. Don't respond unless you want to stick to the topic and bring up some sort of valid point.

Dazzle said:
not a chance, just look at cod waw, outsold by more than double from both the hd consoles. grandmas and mums just dont like shooter games..

cod WAW on Wii was gimped. it had no awesomeness of cod4. That game alone boosted WAW sales because of hype. Otherwise if COD4 was a WW2 game WAW would of been average too.

Kantor said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
The conduit has a lot of factors going for it. There is a real possibilty it could beat Killzone 2, which sales are dropping off. If Killzone 2 stays under 2 milion, it could get beaten. I see the conduit al least selling 1 milion. Come on, it's even t-rated. That alone makes a big difference.

Let me give you a basic maths lesson.

Killzone 2's sales are currently at 1.53 million. Last week, not counting Japan, it sold 27k units.

If it steadied at even 15k per week (I don't see why it can't do that), it would be at 2 million (470k away) in 32 weeks.

This is not counting Greatest Hits, not counting holiday seasons, and not counting the fact that it isn't steadying at 15k per week anytime soon.

You're acting like this game finds itself in a empty vacuum without any other (shooter) games around. Most of it's sellingpower has already been spend. I don't know how much but i doubt it will go over 2m.

I don't see how The Conduit being T-Rated makes any difference, to be honest. It's a letter, about four square centimetres large, on the front of the game's cover. That's the only difference. It's the same game, whether it's an M or a T. Uncharted was a T, which I find pretty surprising, given the high levels of violence, gore and swearing. Considering Dawn of War was an M...

You're forgetting that the conduit was designed to be t-rated, so it sells more. They looked at what sold and decided that it should have a t-rating. Something super niche like madworld was pretty much sold under the counter desk. The conduit will be in plain sight at most, if not all, stores. So it does matter.

It's still an FPS on a console which struggles to sell that genre; CoD:WaW will be lucky to get 2 million LT, and it's part of an established franchise. I can't see The Conduit doing more than 1.5 million, and even that's pretty optimistic. Killzone 2's sales will probably double those of The Conduit.

Just Like HV adopted the t-rating, they are planning a good promotioncampaign. They put some hard work in the game itself and are clearly smart enough to plan beyond that. Their last storytrailer had a lot of spark, certainly more then the examples you mention. Sega can market the hell out of that trailer alone. 

HV is putting their best in this. And time will tell, if it pays off. I give them at least a good chance.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Graves said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Normally, I'd say no. But with Killzone 2's sales (which aren't necessarily bad, but far below what it should be for a game that's been in development for so long etc.), it's quite possible.

For everyone going on and on in this thread about how FPSs don't sell on the Wii and all that ... Most FPSs that have actually been released on the Wii, even the ones that are very mediocre (Red Steel) have cracked 1 million, so stop spouting that bullshit around this instant.

Considering the game has only been out for 3 months what kind of sales are you expecting? It also has the potential to sell millions more.

Red Steel cracked a million because it was a launch title (little selection), advertising, and it seemed like it would utilize the Wii controls in a unique way. The game got mostly bad reviews so you can't say it sold because its a quality title. Call of Duty and Meroid sold well thanks to those already being popular franchises.

The only other FPS games on the Wii are Medal of Honor, Brothers in Arms, Far Cry, Quantum of Solace. All of which have had poor sales. Now take your advice and "stop spouting that bullshit."

Medal of Honor - had online cut out in some regions. It come back into shops as quickly as it sold because of this.

Brother is Arms was crap

Far Cry was a quick lame port

Quantum Solace on Wii had Frame Rate issues.

However as bad as these are, I won't be saying the Conduit will sell well. It all depends how good it is and if people think it is worth the bux.