By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what game should i get killzone 2 or halo 3?

As a PS fan since the release of the PS1, I find Halo 3 with much more replayability and a higher fun factor.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
what gameplay aspect did Halo 3 innovate in exactly?

What has Halo 3 Innovated or perfected?

-It made FPS games with humans vs aliens on consoles cool. It's also the most popular console shooter since Goldeneye.

-Duel wielding completely different weapons.

-Jacking vehicles with animations.

-Created the "play it while hating it attitude" where FPS elitists claim they hate the game, but cannot stop playing it.

-Unorothodox multiplayer match types.

-Perfected the use of vehicles while in an FPS world (Tanks). It innovated, by upping that and adding hover vehicles and unorthodox flying machines with their own style of fire.

-Has some of the most eye catching weaponry of any FPS around. Many games have cool weaponry which are novel, but this game has pretty weaponry. Needler= 'Nough said.

-Has rechargable sheilds

- What game do you know that has a f'n gravity hammer?

-Halo is the reason Resistance or KZ2 exists.

-The only console FPS franchise responsible for conversion of PC fanatics to console.

What has KZ2 innovated or perfected?

-Innovated by being the prettiest FPS ever.

-um......

jesus kung fu magic said:
infamous8 said:
Garnett said:
Jo21 said:
get both..

but killzone 2 first.

it's different.

Grey-Check

Average Shoot em up -Check

Linear SP-Check

Yea its nothing like COD4...

Hater - Check

Fanboy - Check

Hold up , you actually think KZ2 is innovative and different? KZ2 is anything but those two which is why the J man isnt buying it ,or any other  generic shooter for that matter for a long time.(except COD:MW2).

Garnett was just stating the facts.

Have you played KZ2?

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Halo 3 is much better than Joykill 2,

I took Killzone 2 back to the store and got a refund after 6 days as I wasn't impressed at all, COD 4 and World At War are a LOT better online and offline than KZ2 but Halo 3 owns them all for fun and online features,

Halo 3 might not look that great but no other FPS comes anywhere near it for gameplay, fun and features.....

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Torillian said:
what gameplay aspect did Halo 3 innovate in exactly?

What has Halo 3 Innovated or perfected?

-It made FPS games with humans vs aliens on consoles cool. It's also the most popular console shooter since Goldeneye.

-Duel wielding completely different weapons.

-Jacking vehicles with animations.

-Created the "play it while hating it attitude" where FPS elitists claim they hate the game, but cannot stop playing it.

-Unorothodox multiplayer match types.

-Perfected the use of vehicles while in an FPS world (Tanks). It innovated, by upping that and adding hover vehicles and unorthodox flying machines with their own style of fire.

-Has some of the most eye catching weaponry of any FPS around. Many games have cool weaponry which are novel, but this game has pretty weaponry. Needler= 'Nough said.

-Has rechargable sheilds

- What game do you know that has a f'n gravity hammer?

-Halo is the reason Resistance or KZ2 exists.

What has KZ2 innovated or perfected?

-Innovated by being the prettiest FPS ever.

-um......

This.

Halo 3 is too often overlooked...
No other FPS offers so much diversity, depth and customization.

As for Killzone 2, I don't think this game will be remembered when a superior real-life looking game will hit the market.
This game is good because of the "wow" factor, try this in your head:

"Imagine Killzone2 having "Halo3-like" graphics and animations, do you really think Killzone2 would come out from the pack?"

Halo3 does that. Pure gameplay and fun.

My Gaming Setup

Around the Network

I hate having to commit so much pwnage on one page, but I cannot help it.

Halo press on innovations

"According to Gamespot, Halo's "numerous subtle innovations have been borrowed by countless other games since."[85] The game is often cited as the main reason for the Xbox's success,[86] and it began what is commonly regarded as the system's flagship franchise.[87] Game designer Vox Day credited the game with using science-fiction environments to follow Half-Life in eschewing static levels and a similarity to dungeon crawls, which the FPS genre inherited from Akalabeth. Day further wrote that Halo spurred a sustained trend of many other FPS console games.[88] On July 29, 2006, using criteria including revenue, average review scores, commentary, spin-offs and other elements, Halo was estimated as the second to top game of the twenty-first century, behind Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.[89] The game's popularity sparked the usage of terms like "Halo clone"[90][91][92] and "Halo killer";[13] the game Killzone was billed as the latter.[93][94] The Halo engine has been used for the game Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel Without a Pulse".[95]

Halo has been featured at both Major League Gaming and the World Cyber Games.[96][97] In machinima, the game was used as the basis for the popular Red vs. Blue. The game's sequel, Halo 2, made US$125 million with unit sales of 2.38 million on the first day of its release,[98] earning it the distinction of the fastest-selling United States media product in history.[99] Three years later, Halo 3 shattered that record with the biggest opening day in entertainment history, taking in US$170 million in its first 24 hours."-Wikipedia[100]

Halo is so badass, that Microsoft still has Bungie by the balls ownership, or no ownership, because of how much profit this badass franchise can make.

"what gameplay aspect did Halo 3 innovate in exactly?"

I just wanted to add that I don't recall 4 player campaign, instant replay (always recording), or things like the "bubble shield" and such before Halo 3, either.....

the two guys above me (Neoraf and S.T.A.GE) act like someone that is making a conference speech

"so what did Halo 3 innovate exactly? .... hmm lets see -screen changes-
it did populate the console shooter market... -shows a screen with people playing on xbox- , and now it grew to a giant fanbase that no other shooter can rival -shows a chart of sales-........... "

PS3 fanboys will say KZ2.
360 fanboys will say Halo 3.
People who judge on quality will say KZ2.

Killzowned said:
PS3 fanboys will say KZ2.
360 fanboys will say Halo 3.
People who judge on quality of graphics will say KZ2.

Fixed.  When Killzone gets features as awesome as theater and forge then maybe it will be a contender, but for sheer variety of options Halo wins no matter how you slice it.  That's not to mention Bungie's OCD tracking of online stats, and continued support of the game with new maps and stuff, nearly two years after release.