By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what game should i get killzone 2 or halo 3?

@fjburgos you mean i havnt played PS3 or a OP?

Around the Network

Flip a coin.

@parasitic

that game was 9 years in the making although it didn't cost nearly as much as KZ2 and changed drastically overtime, but TF2 is pure awesomeness on PC and it's not on a lvl where Halo3 nor KZ2 can compare to when you are talking multiplayer, it's the only game where you actually have to care about achievements.

Parasitic said:
Torillian said

If you think KZ2 isn't different enough from the rest of the FPS genre then I don't see how Halo 3 is.

KZ2's multiplayer is constantly changing from mission to mission, you unlock classes as you gather experience, and clans are integrated directly into the game.  Tell me another FPS that does that.

Forge. I haven't even played the damn game but I've seen what that can do. It's amazing.

Having played tons of shooters on PC/consoles, the two bolded parts are probably what stand out the most compared to the others. 

As for the classes:

Yes, but I specified that it wasn't just classes you get from the get go, you have to earn each one with experience.  Just the existence of classes doesn't make it exactly like TF2

I would say they're pretty different games. In my opinion COD4 is the definitive FPS experience on 360, and Halo 3 while awesome felt a little bit too much like more of the same, even when it first came out. Strangely, now that most games (including Killzone 2) imitate COD4, Halo 3 actually feels a little bit more unique than it did over a year ago -- it stands out from the pack.

Halo's main strength is its huge number of multiplayer options including all kinds of splitscreen and co-op, along with gameplay that feels very well-rounded and easy to get into.  (And vehicles which are also easy to get into!)

Killzone's main strength is its overall presentation. I've honestly never played a game that makes a battlefield feel so hectic, like everything is blowing up around you at once, but in many different ways. This is partly because of the number of players and the way the maps are built, and partly because the animations and special effects really outdo anything else that's been done in an FPS before. That said, Killzone is a trickier game to learn -- you have to put some time in unlocking the different classes, and then you have to learn how to actually use classes which function really differently from each other, and most importantly, how to counter the different classes when you're fighting against them. The process of learning this stuff is probably a little more frustrating than being a noob in COD4 or Halo 3.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Parasitic said:
Torillian said

If you think KZ2 isn't different enough from the rest of the FPS genre then I don't see how Halo 3 is.

KZ2's multiplayer is constantly changing from mission to mission, you unlock classes as you gather experience, and clans are integrated directly into the game.  Tell me another FPS that does that.

Forge. I haven't even played the damn game but I've seen what that can do. It's amazing.

Having played tons of shooters on PC/consoles, the two bolded parts are probably what stand out the most compared to the others. 

As for the classes:

Yes, but I specified that it wasn't just classes you get from the get go, you have to earn each one with experience.  Just the existence of classes doesn't make it exactly like TF2

on steam your exp in TF2 is your achievements, you unlock new weapons and the game is played very differently each lvl depending on what weapons you choose, they are still balancing new ones to come out since they are not done with all the weapons yet but the additions are awesome as hell =).

Torillian said:

Honestly, KZ2's mp was somewhat boring for me at the beginning - the game revolves heavily around the classes. Since the game is so lacking in weapons, there's pretty much no depth to your character as you're starting. I'd probably hate it if it took really long to unlock the classes because you'd then be stuck using the game's already-small arsenal.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Halo 3 all the way for me, neither have a really good story, but as far as options, fun, gameplay, and such for multiplayer Halo 3 is your game and it's 20 dollars cheaper.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Words Of Wisdom said:
uber said:
why not get them both. they are completely different approaches to fps's.

i personally thought halo was too old school in the way it played. it plays like a slower unreal tournament with bigger levels and dumber weapons. my wife likes the hairy weapon as she calls it, but then she stabbed herself in the face with her thumb, so take that for what it's worth.

kz is a totally different experience. i've never played a game like it.

W. T. F.

The only potential weapon that I can think of right now that could match that eloquent description is the Needler. The "Hairs," would then be pink, razor sharp needles... Slow-firing, mild tracking abilities, however; you only need to strike the opponent with seven needles to instantly kill them. This could be the justification for the weapon preference.

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Halo 3 is the better choice. KZ2 will easily be surpassed by the next PS3 FPS installment Sony gets behind. Halo 3 is a great game with staying power.