By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wii games be on PS3 due to new controller?

If rumours are true about the PS3 motion controller, would it be possible to see some 3rd party wii games onto PS3?  If so, what Wii games would you like to see coming to PS3? 

I dont know too much about Nintendo & Sony's motion controllers but I sure would like to see them upcoming Resident Evil games for Wii to come onto PS3 if its possible. (Unless PS3 would also need the nunchuck?)..as well i wouldnt have to buy  a Wii and save some money.

Around the Network

Highly possible, but expect the Wii versions to sell at least double.
Unless its a "hardcore" game.

The Wii games that actually draw consumers are Nintendo games, so I'd have to say no.

The PS3 is not getting any updated "wii-like or better" motion controls. They are prototyping controls for the PS4.

Yes definitely, if SONY pulls this off it could be huge for them

Around the Network

Gimmicky peripherals launching years after the console itself always prove so successful

GhaleonUnlimited said:
Gimmicky peripherals launching years after the console itself always prove so successful

thats mainly because there never pushed past announcement, and release

GhaleonUnlimited said:

It's funny that Kaz Hirai doesn't rely on doing gimmicky things and made fun of Nintendo going for the casuals and then they do this.

GhaleonUnlimited said:

Um dude Sony has done in it in the past with their PS2 camera games.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
GhaleonUnlimited said:

It's funny that Kaz Hirai doesn't rely on doing gimmicky things and made fun of Nintendo going for the casuals and then they do this.

You laugh now. You won't be laughing when Sony places a motion controller on the screen and a success instantiates.